SHIFT: Day Job
Your innovation. Our impact. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater health for our communities, and greater experiences for our customers. Innovation is a top priority. Here, you’ll have an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment that brings together industry leaders and technology experts, so together we can drive the future of health care.
“At this time, Anthem will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.”
Title: . Net Engineer III
Location: Indianapolis , IN OR Roanoke VA
- Development on medium to large complex customer technology platforms or architectures.
- Maintains active relationships with internal and/or external stakeholder to develop business requirements.
- Analyzes and classifies complex change request and identifies and documents possible system code enhancements.
- Demonstrates knowledge of industry trends, our products and infrastructure.
- Collaborates with engineers and graphic designers, analyzes and classifies complex change request and reviews and evaluates possible enhancements.
- Works with development team to develop and define application scope and objectives and prepare functional and/or technical specifications. Analyzes and evaluates detailed business and technical requirements.
- Understands the product and analytics and drive requirements that take into account stakeholders needs.
- Identifies problems/risks.
- Codes and maintains complex components of information systems.
- Mentors others on coding standards and performs code reviews.
- Reviews test cases and advises QA on adjacent code/regression impact.
- Develops and performs system testing and fixes defects identified during testing and re-executes unit tests to validate results.
- Aids in integrating activities with other IT departments for successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Provides on call support and monitors the system and identifies system deficiencies.
- Must be a Team player while being self-driven
- Requires BA/BS degree or technical institute training and 3+ years experience on one platform, multi database, multi language or multi business application, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Incumbent should also have the ability to mentor others, lead small projects and provide troubleshooting support.
Required Technical Skills:
- Atlassian BitBucket Code Repository, required;
- MS .NET Web and MS .NET Desktop development, required;
- Advanced knowledge ASP.NET, required;
- Advanced both in VB.NET and C#, required;
- Entity and MVC Frameworks, required;
- Experience with sourcing control tools, required;
- Experience with Object Relational Modeling (ORM), required;
- Has leveraged different tools such as Entity Framework (and/or Hibernate) and LINQ, required;
- Experience with web services (SOA, WCF), required;
- Client-side browser development using Ajax, j Query, Knockout, or Angular JS, CSS, and HTML, required;
Nice to have skills:
- Atlassian JIRA tool-suite experience a plus
- Experience working on Agile Scrum Team is preferred
- Payer/Health Insurance Industry experience is a plus
- DevOps experience is a plus
- Unity/Ninject, a plus;
- Swagger with ASP.NET, a plus ;
- CI/ CD general practices, a plus;
- Checkmarx Analysis tool is a plus
- SAP Business Objects Intelligence Reporting, a plus.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Hands-On Software Architecture with C# 8 and .NET Core 3: Architecting software solutions using microservices, DevOps, and design patterns for Azure Cloud
A comprehensive guide to becoming an expert Azure DevOps engineer
Design scalable and high-performance enterprise applications using the latest features of C# 8 and .NET Core 3
Become a software architect capable of creating modular apps for specific business needs
Design high-performance software systems using the latest features of C# 8 and .NET Core 3
Solve scalability problems in web apps using enterprise architectural patterns
This book covers and explains how you can become a software developer in 2020. In the book, it is separated into chapters that break these steps down so they are easy to follow. The book covers an introduction to programming chapter, different fields in software development, resume and cover letter creation, how to apply for jobs and more!
Use this book as your one-stop shop for architecting a world-class DevOps environment with Microsoft technologies.
.NET DevOps for Azure is a synthesis of practices, tools, and process that, together, can equip a software organization to move fast and deliver the highest quality software. The book begins by discussing the most common challenges faced by developers in DevOps today and offers options and proven solutions on how to implement DevOps for your team.