- Bachelor’s Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years professional experience working in large scale networking environments.
- Experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or OSPF
- Experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos.
- Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience in automation via Bash/shell scripting and Perl/Python programming.
Do you aspire to be a world class Network Engineer, and learn from experts in the field? Would you like the opportunity to support the world leader in both online retail and cloud computing? The Network Operations team is looking for highly motivated individuals to support the day to day operations of our global network infrastructure, and drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation network as it continues to grow. Maybe it’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas and changing the way millions of people do something.
The Network Operations team is responsible for maintaining the health of Amazon’s Retail and Web Services network. This team plays a critical role in responding to operational changes in the network, determining root cause, and working with internal teams and external vendors/ISPs with the goal of returning to a fully operational state. Additionally, the Network Operations team is responsible for performing changes to maintain the reliability of the network as it scales.
- Responsible for first response to monitoring systems alarms, and works to stabilize impact as quickly as possible across the Amazon network
- Troubleshoot routing and interconnectivity problems – including troubleshooting of network device hardware failures
- Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform problems
- Collaborate with internal teams to diagnose problems, and return devices/configurations to a healthy state
- Escalate to external vendors (Cisco, Juniper, etc) to diagnose problems and facilitate part replacement
- Work with ISPs to diagnose problems between Amazon’s network and their infrastructure.
- Provide support in large scale events
- Focus on the needs of the customer in all change scenarios
- Determine requirements, then write, review and execute changes safely
- Drive standards across the network, and ensure that we are fully compliant to standards and policies.
- Work with invested teams to scope change work and deliver to a deadline
- Look for automation opportunities in troubleshooting and administration tasks
- Work with System Developers to scope tools that meet the Network Operation team’s needs.
- Create and review documentation for processes and troubleshooting best practices
- Identify simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes
- Perform interviews for entry level positions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; specifically, network performance analysis
- Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
New or Coming Soon Useful Entrepreneurship Books
An Entrepreneur’s Guide To The Sales & Marketing Universe: A Step-By-Step Guide To Organic Marketing
Secret strategies revealed on how to generate high quality leads efficiently and effectively.
But leads, no matter how good, are pretty much useless without the skills necessary to convert them into paying customers. What is the repeatable and scientific approach to take in sales to make sure you are maximizing your chances at landing closed deals?
Breaking Through The Wall: A Financial Advisor’s Guide to Grow, Scale, and Monetize Your Business for Millions
Many financial advisors out there are facing a wall. They’re generating $1-3 million in revenue; they’re managing all the households they can; they have little time to spend with their own families. They feel like they’re playing chief marketing officer, chief investment officer, CEO, CFO, chief compliance officer, and the chief technology officer all at once. There just aren’t enough hours in the day.
Entrepreneurial Marketing and International New Ventures: Antecedents, Elements and Outcomes (Routledge Studies in Entrepreneurship)
The book investigates the entrepreneurial marketing (EM) concept within the broader discipline of international entrepreneurship. The analysis of this concept, and designing a model of EM antecedents, elements, and outcomes that was tested on the basis of empirical studies covering companies from three European countries, explores and develops the field of international marketing and entrepreneurship.
From the cofounder of Square, an inspiring and entertaining account of what it means to be a true entrepreneur and what it takes to build a resilient, world-changing company.
If today’s brands want to succeed, they have to be in the conversation, and influencers make that happen. The Age of Influence is an essential guide for marketing professionals and business owners who want to create and implement a highly effective and sustainable influencer marketing plan.
We are in the midst of an unprecedented digital transformation and tapping into this change is vital to any brand in today’s climate. Social media has democratized authority and influence, and information is created and consumed in ways that are constantly evolving.
12 Months to $1 Million: How to Pick a Winning Product, Build a Real Business, and Become a Seven-Figure Entrepreneur
Your road map to a seven-figure business . . . in one year or less
By cutting out the noise and providing a clear and proven plan, this roadmap helps even brand-new entrepreneurs make decisions quickly, get their product up for sale, and launch it to a crowd that is ready and waiting to buy.
This is a book to help you acquire the mind-set to riches.
It’s about creating a way of living where you aren’t controlled by fear, inertia, or poverty. You, instead, are motivated by creative, positive action, and an open mind that is ready to receive prosperity in every area of your life. Here are the time-tested principles used by the self-made millionaires and billionaires to create lives beyond their wildest imaginations. Here are the time-tested principles that will help you tap into your inner reserves and knowledge you never knew you had. These writings—compact, powerful, practical—are ready to help you find solutions, discover new ideas, and make fresh starts on your road to riches!
This book is a compilation of successful habits that the author has learned in his career. I would even saythat this book is a manual of lessons for entry-level, junior manager, and even executives. It offers tips from the expert on medical device sales, as well as fundamental knowledge for any employee. As you read through the sincere yet passionate advice from the author on work strategy to a personal relationship, you will start to gain an overview of the the direction of your path. The vital key to success includes extreme self-discipline and a genuine passion for work.
Mentor-Made Millionaire is an insightful, thought-provoking dissection of what it takes to be a success in today’s money-centric society. It is designed to appeal to individuals on the path to success, managers, and business owners.
These days, we see the well-worn phrase ‘self-made millionaire’ practically everywhere. While Dr. Chad Shannon does not set out in Mentor-Made Millionaire to diminish the hard work put in by those remarkable individuals who achieve this accolade, his aim is to make the reader realize that not one of them could possibly have accomplished that aspirational status all by themselves.
Startups constantly face the challenge of how to make an impact given their initial small size and limited resources. Nine out of ten startups fail and more than fifty percent do not reach past the five-year mark. The few that do manage to survive can quickly find themselves swamped in the oversaturated market, unable to make any decent progress. So how can they establish themselves among their immediate competitors, let alone defeat larger, more established companies? Is the story of David and Goliath still relevant in the modern business world?
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 (Routledge Studies in Innovation, Organizations and Technology)
This book provides valuable insights into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) through a comprehensive examination of Vision 2030, an ambitious economic plan by the KSA to reinvent and diversify its economy from a heavy dependence on hydrocarbon to knowledge-based resources.
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 discusses how this initiative will assist the government in achieving its envisioned goals by creating a culture of research, innovation and entrepreneurship. It studies the current state of the field as well as new policies and reforms in Saudi Arabia which encompass education systems, ICT infrastructure and a vibrant innovation landscape that includes academia, the public and private sectors and civil society.