- Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field; or Certifications in a relevant field (CCENT, Network+, CCNA)
- 2+ years in data center or critical environment
- 2+ years experience with network cabling, optic types, and test equipment (VFL, power meter, and OTDR etc.)
- 2 + years experience with cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Network Technician II to join our growing team within infrastructure operations. You will work in a dynamic environment to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and assist in the development of innovative ways to automate and scale our network.
The position’s responsibilities include scaling support of several data center locations and day to day assistance with capacity management. You will work closely with internal customers and external vendors to facilitate smooth project execution as directed by Network Scaling Leadership and Technical Program Managers.
You will leverage your experience supporting large scale, enterprise class networks as well as network implementation and troubleshooting. As a Network Technician II you will work in a fast paced, collaborative environment with regular peer and customer interaction. In addition to providing management and support of Amazon Web Services vast network infrastructure, Network Technicians establish and follow best practices and refine operational procedures.
Daily responsibilities include:
Any physical requirements are expectations with reasonable accommodations
- Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and workflows to complete customer requests and projects
- Collaboration with various stake holders to remove project obstacles
- Troubleshoot networking, routing and inter connectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction
- Some travel outside traditional work area may be requested, including internationally
- Troubleshooting cabling infrastructure connectivity issues, including patch panels and patch cords.
- Specifying Power and Cooling requirements and ensuring Hardware Racking/Stacking completed for new equipment
- Participate in the migration, basic configuration and rollout of new or upgraded hardware
- Moving and lifting computer equipment up to 50 lbs
- This role will have/ require international travel
- · Knowledge of major Command Line Protocols (Cisco IOS, JunOS, etc)
- Experience with ethernet and IP networking
- Experience in large scale data center network implementations and support
- Experience working in virtualized enterprise networking environments
- Experience working with IT best practice frameworks (ITIL, LEAN, AGILE)
- Familiarity with common networking terms and fabric based network design
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.