- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience using standard protocols such as LACP, STP, RSTP, VRRP, UDLD and 802.1x.
- Experience with C/C++/scripting, and testing/releasing networking products.
- Experience working with and testing L2 and L3 networking protocols, and troubleshooting automation.
- Master’s degree or PhD, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in supporting, implementing and/or designing networks.
- Experience using Unix/Linux operating systems.
About the job
Google is proud to boast a network that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Google’s complex network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
Our mission is to enable customer success by building, deploying and managing a highly available, seamlessly scalable and cost-effective campus and WAN network.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Manage testing and releasing of networking products for features, including timelines and project plans.
- Write test plans, automate test plans, and identify and gather requirements to execute test for several features of a project.
- Identify and report bugs to team lead.
- Begin to review production issues, help recreate issues and verify fixes for problems.
- Review test plans with team, and participate in cross-functional reviews with related teams which cover test plans and test results.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.