Company: NMC Group of Companies
Title: NMC Student Sponsorship & Internship Programs
Deadline: Interviews will be conducted December 2020 – February 2021 for High School students, Year-round consideration for current College students
NMC Student Program Details
For over 20 years, NMC CAT has offered the Premier Diesel Technology Sponsorship for students pursuing a career in the machinery industry. Hundreds of students have completed our program to earn the distinguished title of Caterpillar Service Technician. Regardless of where you are at in your pursuit of a diesel degree, NMC CAT has a program designed to help you succeed.
In partnership with several Diesel Technology Programs across the Midwest, NMC CAT’s Student Programs assist students with gaining relevant, hands-on experience. Eligible students can also earn up to 100% paid tuition to cover college expenses.
This program combines classroom work with hands-on learning in our shops and state-of-the-art labs. Students will be immersed in real-world applications and learn how to solve problems for real NMC CAT customers. During the summer and/or available COOP periods, students will work side by side with senior technicians, learning to diagnose and repair various types of equipment.
Student Sponsorship Benefits
- Paid internship(s) with hands-on experience in a live service environment
- Tuition, books, and fees (up to $10,500 value) paid directly to partnering school
- Toolbox and tools ($12,000 retail value) for classes and internships
- Personalized mentoring and guidance over the course of program and beyond
- Students will obtain an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Diesel Technology
- Upon successful completion of the program, immediate employment with NMC CAT and many career progression opportunities available
Divisions Available for Sponsorships & Internships
- Caterpillar Construction (Heavy and Compact Equipment)
- Cat Rental Stores (Construction machinery, generators, heaters, and aerial lifts)
- RAKA (Material Handling and Aerial Equipment)
- Vancer (Maintenance-of-Way Railway Equipment)
- NMC Truck Centers (Total Truck and Trailer Repair)
- Power Systems (Power Generation and Industrial Engines)
Current NMC Partnership Schools (Updated May 2020)
- Central Community College, Hastings, NE (Premier Construction Equipment Training Partner)
- Southeast Community College, Milford, NE
- Metropolitan Community College, Omaha, NE
- Iowa Western Community College, Council Bluffs, IA
- Northeast Community College, Norfolk, NE
- Spoon River Community College, Canton, IL (Vancer Only)
- High School Diploma
- Above-average mechanical aptitude (demonstrated through projects/schoolwork and verified by an aptitude assessment conducted by NMC)
- Must plan to enroll or be actively enrolled in a Diesel Technology program that is approved by NMC
- Must intend on pursuing a career with NMC upon successful completion of program
- Proven record of good attendance and character
- Demonstrated ability to work well as a teammate and independently
- Working knowledge of computer systems such as Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Skilled in listening and verbal/written communication
Expectations During the Program
- Participate in all job-related training and applicable development classes to maintain/increase knowledge base on machines serviced by your division
- Exhibit and promote NMC’s values
- Showcase professional conduct in the workplace, the school, and beyond
- Earn sufficient credit hours to graduate within 24 months of college enrollment
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative Character Evaluation score
- Participate as an active member of SkillsUSA (if there is a chapter at partnering school)
- If you have any questions prior to applying, please reach out to our Recruiting team at [email protected] or 402-891-7555.
About NMC CAT
As a Nebraska-based company with more than 80 years in the equipment industry, NMC is focused on providing a comprehensive line of capital equipment solutions to the many industries we serve. Our employees enjoy a relaxed culture with competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and an inspiring culture. The NMC team is focused on enabling our customers’ success by understanding their unique needs and delivering tailored, innovative equipment solutions with a specialization in Caterpillar construction equipment, power generation, material handling, rental equipment, and total truck service. NMC takes pride in cultivating strong relationships with our customers and our talented professionals; these connections cultivate growth and success and they are truly the strength of NMC.
Our Mission & Values
Enabling our customers’ success by understanding their unique needs and delivering tailored, innovative capital equipment solutions.
INTEGRITY RELATIONSHIPS ENTREPRENEURSHIP EXCELLENCE STEWARDSHIP
NMC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions. NMC Group, Inc. shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.