Who we are looking for
Officer within the Derivatives COE is responsible for performing oversight of production activities to ensure deliverables are completed timely and accurately. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Candidate is expected to ensure prompt follow up on exception situations and facilitate timely problem resolution to mitigate risk and deliver excellent service to clients
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Officer you will
- Typically manage a small team of 3 to 5 associates, monitoring the workflow to ensure the department is operating efficiently and ensuring adequate backup coverage through cross training.
- Ensure that processing exceptions are resolved on a timely basis, are well documented and are communicated to appropriate parties.
- Monitor compliance with established controls and procedures and implement controls to eliminate losses.
- Validate service expectations, communicate status and establish areas for improvement.
- Maintain effective working relationships with clients, other departments, trading areas, brokers and service providers.
- Work with various internal business groups to develop system enhancements into daily operations.
- Interview, evaluate, hire, and manage performance with responsibility for training, along with recommendations for performance planning, promotions and terminations.
- Communicate and manage department goals and performance targets, and make suggestions for enhancements to operational processes to more effectively meet client needs.
- Assist with client presentations on derivatives operations.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal, planning and analytical skills.
- Excellent client communication and presentation skills in both verbal and written forms.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize assignments under tight deadlines.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with business related coursework.
- At least 5 years’ related financial industry experience, part of which must be in management or supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of financial securities markets, language and products as well as legal and regulatory requirements. Hands-on experience within OTC derivatives is preferred.
- Solid understanding of operational functions within custody and/or fund accounting and the depository platforms.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.