MORE ABOUT THIS JOB:
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firms assets and its reputation.
Operations Risk Management (ORM) is focused on bringing transparency to the likelihood, severity and location of risks that impact internal Operations process to protect the firm and our clients. The team works to ensure more effective risk management, through building and implementing capabilities that monitor systems, people and processes.
The team also assists in managing through remediation efforts when either internal or external events challenge the quality of Operations processes. The Embedded Risk Management (ERM) role is for a professional with deep subject matter expertise dedicated to the risk management process. The ERM employs the components of the Operations Risk Management Framework to continuously measure and assess levels of risk for existing/new processes within the Business Unit. In addition to being affiliated with specific product and/or functional areas, the ERM is bound together in the Operations Risk Management (ORM) organization in order to improve consistency of risk measure and assessment practices. We are looking for an experienced Operations professional to work as an embedded risk manager in Salt Lake City.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Risk hunting
- Identify risks for which there are currently no mitigating controls in place and also identify control failures and gaps in the processes; put forward remediation and suggestions to mitigate the risks and enhance the control framework
- Post Implementation Reviews
- Perform an analysis of a recently implemented process or mitigating control to ensure it has been fully and consistently implemented across Operation
- Challenge the status quo
- Challenge the risk and control framework to further enhance the control environment
- Incident Review & Analysis
- Conduct deep dive reviews on the incidents, aiming to define common risk themes and issues, and put forward suggestions for remediation. Participate in the Level 1 incident sharing process to work with the line managers in reviewing and sharing the lessons learned
- Risk Metrics and Analysis
- Work with the Operations teams and other regional/functional Operations groups to identify key risk metrics (e.g. via Risk Quotient) and highlighting areas of concerns, working with line managers on remediation efforts.
- Risk & Control Self Assessment (RCSA) work with line managers in ensuring the RCSA risk and control templates reflect the current risk environment and also vet through RCSA issues raised to ensure proper remediation is in place
- New Product Process/Migrations, provide guidance and advice from a risk and control perspective to ensure risks arising from new products and/or business, migrations, etc. are properly addressed
- Work closely with other risk managers in other locations to share key initiatives and best practices; better integrate with the wider global Operations Risk Management teams
- Increase the awareness on risk management and strengthen the control mindsets of the Operations teams in the region
- Provide risk management related training to the Operations teams in the region
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3.5 years of work experience in Operations or related field
- At least 3.5 years of work experience in Finance or related field
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite in particular Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
- Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate issues and ideas with different levels across Operations and Federation stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows, and excellent attention to details
- Sound time management skills to be able to effectively prioritize and multi-task
- Proven track record of improving processes and demonstrating successful teamwork
- Proven ability to effectively manage operational risks and to develop control enhancements
- Strong control mindset with a passion for risk management
- Good interpersonal skills to build strong relationship with key stakeholders within and outside of Operations
- Good influencing skills to work with the Operations team in challenging the status quo and continuously enhancing the control environment
- Innovative and flexible in coming up with suggestions and ideas
- Strong project management skills
- Inquisitive and able to learn quickly
- Solid knowledge & experience in the Financial Industry
- Practical experience working in Operations
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS:
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. ? The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.