- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 years of work experience including 8 years of experience in Organizational Development and Change Strategy, with a focus on transformation and organization design in a matrixed system.
- Experience influencing and advising leaders in a client-facing or consulting role.
- Experience working in enterprise or consulting firms.
- PhD degree in Organization Development or Industrial/Organizational Psychology.
- 10 years of OD/consulting experience with a track record of delivering tangible client impact in multiple practice areas (e.g., Organizational Design and Change Strategy).
- Experience working across multiple client groups and/or geographies.
- Ability to rapidly build trusted relationships with senior stakeholders. Effective diagnosis and contracting skills.
- High degree of executive presence, including responsiveness, business focus, integrity, sound judgment, and the ability to prioritize effectively across competing demands.
About the job
The Organizational Development (OD) team provides strategy consulting, organization design and change solutions that increase the health and performance of Google’s business. As an Organization Development Partner, you will be aligned to our General Advisory Functions (GAF) Portfolio and will be responsible for driving the organizational development strategy for those functional areas over time. You will partner closely with the GAF Business HR Lead and her team, to shape a portfolio of enterprise critical projects.
You will deliver a portfolio of projects in partnership with a team of OD Practitioners, who work across client groups on engagements in support of business priorities; with support from our Center of Expertise Lead who researches, designs, and deploys Organizational Development methodologies, tools, and approaches for Google, focused on our key lines of service.
Great just isn’t good enough for our People Operations team (known elsewhere as “Human Resources”). We bring the world’s most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field. You’ll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Google through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
- Build understanding of the business and internal and external landscape to inform and shape a portfolio of enterprise critical OD work.
- Build trust with key stakeholders, enabling deeper diagnosis and interventions that will advance the health of our organizations; and work with stakeholders to build readiness where needed.
- Steward and support the team of OD Practitioners that will design, deliver, and implement effective solutions to address complex/multifaceted needs within the context of the larger Organizational Development strategy ensuring the right partners are involved at the right times.
- Contribute to the design and ongoing improvement of People Development and People Operation methodologies. Oversee, manage, and coach junior OD practitioners across all phases of an engagement.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.