DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The Digital Orthopedic Surgery team is using robotics and digital tools for surgical teams to increase the performance, accuracy, and safety of surgical procedures. We are creating an extensible operating room ecosystem to support our surgical products. Our vision is to create a process of continuous improvement through analysis of intra-operative and post-operative surgical data.
The OS/DevOps Engineer operates between our sustaining software infrastructure, our IoT capabilities, and our medical device platform. You will partner with developers internally and externally and our Agile software teams. Your skill and initiative will bring next generation capabilities to our surgical orthopedics product line.
- Collaborate with software engineers, cybersecurity and quality professionals, and systems engineering to build foundational components of our surgical platform
- Implement highly secure system management interfaces.
- Contribute to the design of continuous integration pipelines using industry standard tools for software build, test, and quality metrics.
- Develop strategies to internet-enable medical devices in compliance with regulatory guidelines
- Working with Test Engineers to develop tools for automation and system testing pipelines
- Write design descriptions and architectural documentation in compliance with regulation our Quality Management System
- Enable next-generation data management and IoT capabilities for our surgical robotics platform
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. A major in Computer Science or similar is preferred.
- Proven experience in software and technology is required.
- Proficienct with Windows operating system configuration and management and a solid understanding of the intricacies of security management on Linux-based systems is required.
- Experience working with cloud platforms is required. (ie. Azure or AWS)
- You must be able to automate workflows in a continuous integration environment using standard tools.
- Strong capabilities with a common scripting language like PowerShell, bash, or Python is required.
- It is helpful to have direct experience in bringing medical devices to market through the 510(k)-submission process
- It is strongly preferred that you possess solid knowledge of encryption techniques and cybersecurity best practices
- We will give preference to someone with software development experience using C++ or C#
- Agile software development experience and familiarity with Agile development practices will contribute to your eligibility
- It is strongly preferred that you have experience working in a highly regulated environment, medical devices in particular
- This position is located in Boston, MA and may require up to 20% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)