Tesla Motors is looking for a Paint Prepper to work on one of the most progressive vehicle brands in the world. This position will involve supporting the Body Repair and Service Program in all aspects.
· Remove grease, dirt, paint, or rust from vehicle surfaces in preparation for paint application, using abrasives, solvents, brushes, blowtorches, washing tanks, or sandblasters.
· Assist painter in pre-paint blending needs.
· Work with paint team to assist in keeping vehicle on track for scheduled delivery time.
· Fill small dents or scratches with body fillers and smooth surfaces to prepare vehicles for painting.
· Buff and wax the finished paintwork.
· Disassemble, clean, and reassemble sprayers and power equipment, using solvents, wire brushes, and cloths for cleaning duties.
· Detail vehicles ready for delivery to customers
· Prior experience in vehicle paint process
· I-CAR certifications preferred
· Ability to receive directions and work well with others
· Occasionally exposed to hot, cold, wet or humid conditions
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
· Must be at least 18 years of age
As a full time, Tesla employee, you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
· Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
· 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
· Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
· Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
· 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
· Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holiday
· Back-up childcare and employee discounts
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Learn more about Tesla
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Driver’s License (Preferred)