- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience working in Professional Services Operations, Finance Operations, or Partner Operations capacity
- Intermediate skills in Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookups and Charts)
- Experience with Salesforce, Professional Services Automation (PSA) inputting, extracting and analyzing data.
- Demonstrated ability to develop business reports that help a professional services organization operate smoothly, with insights that will meet the needs of other business partners (Finance, Sales Operations, Tax, etc.)
- Experience working in a horizontal or matrixed business.
Amazon Web Services is seeking an experienced, self-directed Operations Manager to support the Partner operations of our fast growing Professional Services practice. This is a unique opportunity that will provide hands on experience in Partner operations and drive high-impact, scalable solutions ultimately accelerating our enterprise customer’s journey to the cloud.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with millions of customers in over 190 countries. Many of these customers seek help from AWS Professional Services in their journey to a cloud-based IT operating model.
The successful candidate will be managing the day-to-day operations related to partner subcontracting, procurement, and invoicing. Specific responsibilities will include subcontracting policy governance, support field with creating subcontracting agreements, tracking and processing partner subcontracting requests, onboarding new partner vendors, managing project financials, preparing and supporting the monthly partner revenue and accrual process, troubleshooting ad-hoc issues, and reporting program metrics to business stakeholders. Additional responsibilities will include automating processes and creating system enhancement to drive efficiency for operations, internal stakeholders, and partners.
This is the right role for someone with Business Operations experience with effective stakeholder management skills, strong communication skills, and experience in influencing change in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment. The position will be located in Seattle, WA. Up to 20% travel expected.
- Project accounting; ensure complete and accurate project set up in project accounting system consistent with the contract statement of work for all projects. Drive timely entry of resource time and expenses.
- Billing/Invoicing/Collections; Ensure billing, accounting and receivables teams all get accurate data to track revenue, expense accruals, and collections.
- Monthly metrics reporting; collaborate with practice managers and the sales operations teams to track and report all key performance indicators against annual, quarterly and monthly goals, by region. Refresh appropriate management dashboards, regional reports and executive review documents.
- Support field in executing operationally sound and customer-obsessed engagements.
- Manage queue that you are responsible for (internal inquiries, purchase orders, invoices, disbursement etc.), adhering to SLA to ensure excellent partner experience
- Onboard new vendors and maintain existing vendors via our internal system.
- Drive timely entry of subcontracting resource time and expenses.
- Maintain communication with vendors & partner subcontractors regarding payment process and status.
- Proactively identify and implement operational improvements and enhancements that meet business requirements.
- Communicate daily with cross functional teams including Sales, Legal, Operations, and all levels of management.
- 3+ years of experience managing subcontracting operations within a professional services or staffing organization
- Experience with creating and reviewing Statement of Work agreements
- Experience with IT staffing and working with vendor Management Systems (VMS)
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and effective stakeholder management skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.