Are you inspired by the prospect of helping our customers achieve their digital transformation by leveraging the power of Microsoft’s Cloud and solutions? Are you excited by the opportunity to drive Go-to-Market (GTM) strategy and sales across a select group of Microsoft’s most strategic and high growth partners?
Our mission at Microsoft is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our partner ecosystem is at the forefront of bringing this powerful mission to life, and it’s the Global Partner Solutions (GPS) organization that will drive the transformation of this ecosystem to accelerate cloud growth for all partners and Microsoft.
The Global Systems Integrator and Consulting (GSI) group within Global Partner Solutions manages key relationships with 18 of our top GSI and Consulting partners who have significant global scale and a collective strength of over one million technology professionals. We are looking for a leader who can enable our partners to rapidly scale their business on Modern Workplace & Security through the development of Services and Practices across Industries. In this role, you will help our Commercial SI partners develop technology-based offerings on Modern Workplace & Security, pursue go-to-market opportunities, and land key customer wins. This is a unique role at the worldwide level that adds value both to Microsoft and to our Commercial GSI partners. We are looking for a cross-team leader who can collaborate with a broad network of stakeholders across Microsoft and our partner organizations, both at a global and regional level to accelerate our joint Microsoft and partner business.
The central objective is to enable our partners to scale unique offerings and surpass business goals for driving revenue and consumption/usage of our technology. You will engage with leaders across Microsoft engineering, sales & marketing teams for key sales, skills enablement and marketing initiatives with our partners. Overall success is measured against attainment of our scorecard targets, growth of the solution portfolio, and coordination of strategic GTM priorities.
This role will require close collaboration with a virtual team of experienced product, technical, and sales teams within Microsoft and the partner organizations. The collective goal is to drive deep partner alignment, enablement, and business growth on all Microsoft Clouds. We are looking for a strong team player who combines deep technical knowledge with business acumen. The ideal candidate is someone who knows what it takes to identify, pursue, and win large deals.
In your worldwide role, you will be a critical and visible leader internally and externally with an opportunity to influence and work with senior leaders across our partners. This position reports to the PDM Manager of the Commercial GSI partner portfolio and will work closely with our Global Partner Development Managers, Senior Microsoft engineering stakeholders, Marketing and Technical resources.
We are looking for individuals with deep insight, experience and a successful track record in helping build and commercialize cloud services and guide digital transformation in Modern Workplace & Security
Specific responsibilities and required competencies include:
Lead business initiatives to create new Services and Practices to win Microsoft Cloud deals: Conceptualize Market Making and integrate efforts with our partners to create compelling offerings and go-to-market initiatives around Modern Workplace & Security. Must have the ability to recognize and quantify opportunities across industries, assess market dynamics, recommend strategies, and make business case for investments.
Drive Partner Enablement: Co-develop and oversee technical capability and capacity development plans for Modern Workplace & Security with the assigned partner(s).
Accelerate revenue, consumption, and usage through insights, problem solving and best practices: Align all stakeholders to maximize impact. Share real-time insights and best practices with partners and Microsoft Field. Apply business analytics on trends, pipeline, consumption and usage.
Deliver Feedback: Be the primary interface between the Commercial GSI team and the Modern Workplace & Security Microsoft engineering and business groups. Must have the ability to create structured business recommendations, adapt quickly based on senior stakeholder or market input, and effectively communicate back to partner leadership teams.
- Ensure that the Go-to-Market strategy with our partners is comprehensive and supported by a well-defined solutions portfolio that aligns with Microsoft’s industry and technology priorities
- Support sales opportunities by working with appropriate partner and Microsoft field teams
- Help enable deep Microsoft skills and capacity in partner
- Build relationships with partner executives, technology and sales leaders to evangelize Modern Workplace & Security and drive results in our field engagements
- Track pipeline health on key deals to accelerate sales momentum and drive usage
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in technology sales leadership with Fortune 500 companies
- Direct knowledge and experience in Modern Workplace & Security
- Sharp business acumen with insights of the industry and competitive landscape and offerings
- Strong communication skills and maturity to conduct partner CXO briefings and engagements
- Proven leadership and impact and influence skills, along with the ability to mentor others
- Ability to make an impact with a strong bias for action and keenness to solve customer problems
- Ability to collaborate across virtual teams, leverage best practices & deliver results
Other jobs you may like
Key Responsibilities: The Impact You’ll Be Making
- Partner with WW Microsoft PDM stakeholders to deliver US focused ISV business plans that deliver holistic sales, GTM & technical pillars
- Be the trusted advisor to the ISV Partner at multiple levels within the organization as they develop and execute US business plan
- Secure and coordinate resources and programs to enable partner to ensure partner growth.
- Evangelize ISV partner solutions with the US Microsoft sales teams, clearly articulating the partner’s value propositions to the Microsoft teams to foster proactive engagement with Channel Management and Field sellers
- Review pipeline and drive opportunity velocity with our field and Partners
- Drive business performance measured by revenue (usage & consumption), customer acquisition, and US growth expansion.
- Partner Satisfaction: Ensure strong business relationship and understanding of partner’s needs identifying clear conditions, accountability, progress measurement and timelines
- Partner with Channel Management & relevant field roles to deliver field execution ready Partner sales plays to deliver Microsoft wins and ACR impact
- Integrate partners with Microsoft field resources across the segments to jointly account plan and close new business together. Specifically, include the community of local Channel Managers engaged on partner sales activities
- Measure and manage Partner’s success against metrics to maximize win-win results and strategic partner investments
- Demonstrate account management excellence through high quality interactions with the partner, and through well-orchestrated interactions between partner executives and Microsoft executives.
- Disciplined Business Management: Responsible for contributing to monthly Business Reviews that provides a consistent and predictable Rhythm of the Business (ROB).
- Drive Quarterly Business Review and other ROBs to track progress against goals and commitments; Collaborate for revenue and scorecard impact through evangelizing partner value to Microsoft stakeholders & customers
- 10+ years of experience in partner channel development, sales, business development, alliance management in the technology industry
- Cross-geography experience with critical solution partners, if relevant to role’s geographical scope
- Proven background in managing cross-functional teams (marketing, technical and sales)
- Knowledge of ISV Partner business models preferred
- The ability to influence and impact executives in partner organizations
- Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences.
- Understanding of customer value proposition for Microsoft priority workloads and best practices for partners to monetize services and solutions
- Strong teamwork skills are also required to successfully work in what is a highly matrixed environment.
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Bachelor degree required (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations); MBA desired.