- Demonstrated experience in sales, business development and/or partner management.
- Demonstrated experience in generating new opportunities with strong focus on pipeline tracking and deal execution through entire sales cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior level executives.
- Demonstrated ability to exceed quota and key performance metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Would you like to own building the future for a leader in the Cloud Computing business in the Public Sector? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) by engaging with a key Public Sector systems integrator (SI) who is reinventing their IT strategy by adopting and delivering cloud computing solutions? Do you have the business development experience necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
As an AWS Partner Development Manager (PDM), you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mindshare and adoption of Amazon Web Services in Public Sector. Your mission will be to develop AWS awareness and adoption and drive sell-through engagements with a government large systems integrator.
In this role, you will establish deep business relationships with the AWS partner through your knowledge of the partner’s strengths and capabilities and their Public Sector customer base. You will have day-to-day interactions with our partner in support of Public Sector customers. The ideal candidate will possess a business background that enables them to drive interact at the executive level. Effectively developing and managing this SI will require that you establish deep business relationships through your knowledge of the Public Sector industry and customer requirements. Through these relationships, you will be responsible for growing internal adoption of AWS. You will also work very closely with the AWS Partner team to drive joint sales engagement, as well as strategically plan for development of future opportunities and pursuits.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the AWS Public Sector Partner Team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
- Manage a large Systems Integrator (SI), developing and advancing relationships and growing AWS revenue through this partner.
- Maintain an accurate and robust pipeline and forecast of business opportunities
- Understand and navigate Public Sector contracting vehicles and procedures.
- Set a strategic sales plan for your target market and ensure it’s in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Understand the technical considerations and certifications specific to the Public Sector.
- Execute the strategic sales and business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
- Deep understanding of the partner’s capabilities and solutions that will delight customers.
- Work closely with Partner Solution Architects (PSA) and the partner’s technical team to ensure partners deliver quality result.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Experience working with/for Systems Integrators and knowing the market landscape
- Cloud computing sales experience highly desired
- Experience building partnerships in the Public Sector.
- Self-starter and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to collaborate to solve complex business challenges.
- Experience using Salesforce (reports and CRM).
- Excellent writing skills. The ability to author original text including detailed sales forecasts and strategy planning documents.
- Experience developing an indirect sales channel, growing partner competencies, and delivering sell-through revenue.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.