- The right person will possess 7+ years of experience in sales or business development in the auto or software/technology industry
- Able to consistently exceed quota and key performance metrics.
- Experience engaging and influencing senior executives and strong familiarity with decision making processes in enterprise customers
- Experience working with partners through account management, product management, program management and business development engagements
- Proven verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated experience working and communicating with multiple stakeholders and cross functional teams including direct and channel marketing, solution architect teams, product management and account management teams
- Need sales and/or technical DNA with a desire to coordinate field teams to develop and close high-profile deals
- Prior experience running funding programs and deploying those programs globally with proven ROI methodology
Sr. Partner Development Manager (Strategic)
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a world class partner leader to manage a strategic AWS technology partner with large global and strategic technology partners. As a Global Alliance Manager within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our strategy to accelerate adoption of AWS cloud computing services through partner solutions.
Responsibilities will include driving relationships with your partner organization at C-level, BU/Line of Business and field leadership, and with the broader AWS team, to execute new solution development and go-to-market (GTM) initiatives WW. You will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth and overall market adoption of the resulting partner solutions, by establishing and growing business and technical relationships while managing the day-to-day partner interactions.
The ideal candidate will have both a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, manage joint GTM efforts and to easily interact with enterprise customers and sales executives. This person should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, as well as build and convey compelling value propositions. The position also requires a strong technical acumen and familiarity with cloud services. Background in ERP software and GTM for enterprise SaaS applications is a plus.
We are always looking to improve and we also recognize there are many ways to lead and partner. We’re looking for a Think Big leader who can add to our company skillset by bringing their unique industry knowledge and creativity to our organization.
At Amazon, we live our professional lives by the Leadership Principals. When we hire, we look for those who are Amazonian rather than for someone who fits an exact resume mold. To us, diversity in thought and experience is a good thing. We are hiring for attitude and training for skill because we recognize success takes many paths. While possessing the above criteria would be helpful, if you have a passion for customer success – we want to talk to you. We are looking for someone who can help us create the next version of what it means to be a great partner to our ISVs. We will coach the right fit.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working with cross functional teams to create and execute a strategic business plan, inclusive of technical enablement, business model development, and marketing and sales initiatives on solutions that meet the customer needs with measurable ROI
- Driving partner sales revenue through regular pipeline, opportunity registration and business reviews with partners to manage progress against the strategic business plan
- Engage each partner’s field sales organizations, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS
- Evangelizing a partner’s value proposition internally throughout AWS and externally with customers
- Driving partner solutions, APN Program attainment, continuous enablement through training and certifications and go-to-market strategies for differentiation and expansion of their footprint
- Establishing AWS as the partner’s preferred cloud computing platform
- Understand the technical requirements of each partner BU/LoB and work closely with the internal AWS development team to guide the direction of partner product offerings
- Prepare and give business reviews to AWS and partner senior leaders
- Manage complex contract negotiations involving legal, marketing and business terms
- Serve as a leader helping to define and deliver the overall go-to-market strategy with the partner globally
- Consistently exceeds quota and key performance metrics
- Prior experience working with Systems Integrators and Consulting Companies to achieve sales.
- Prior direct sales experience is preferred
- Experience working within the enterprise software development industry is highly desired.
- Experience working in the global territory with partners and customers
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com**
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.