Microsoft Services is dedicated to delivering on Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As one of the largest divisions inside Microsoft – with over 21,500 employees worldwide – the diverse team includes architects, consultants, project managers, sales, and business leaders who serve customers in 191 countries and 46 languages.
This opportunity will enable you to be part of a team that helps our customers get the most out of their technology investments. We are proud to be the face of Microsoft to many of our customers and partners. The power of that connection, in addition to understanding how they use our products, helps us deliver the voice of our customers back to our business groups to make our technology and Microsoft even better.
As a Partner Resource Manager (PRM), you will develop your relationship management capability working with international colleagues and being a key contributor to the profitability and customer satisfaction across Microsoft’s Enterprise Services businesses. Your communication and organizational skills will be enhanced as you influence partner resourcing decisions.
Working with the Practice leaders and project teams within Microsoft Services, you will play a fundamental role in enabling them to staff and deliver a range of projects from small to multimillion-dollar projects, with a direct impact on and to our customers.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all engagement staffing requests use vetted and approved Services Suppliers and within rate card agreements.
- Understand the skill disciplines as well as know the strengths and skills of the Partners within the skill disciplines in order to successfully staff engagements.
- Making sound staffing decisions and helping to facilitate resolving conflicts within the practice that have significant impact on utilization and on internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with the Partner Resource Coordinators and Supplier Management Leads for the country/areas/technologies that he/she/they support.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with the staffing of their engagements and will engage with our vetted and approved partners, reaching out to preferred suppliers as a first step.
- Fulfill all demand for Partner resources within defined service levels.
- Responsible for maintaining the data integrity of our request management system.
- Create, manage and land strategic programs relating to partner Staffing which will be used to enhance the relationship between Partner Resource Manager, GCPM Leads, Domain Stakeholders and Requestors.
- Identify gaps and challenges within the country/area/Domain that he /she/they support and address the gaps to increase volume and subcontractor usage.
Your excellent communication, planning, decision making and organizational skills, along with a proven ability to effectively perform in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, will position you for success in this role.
You will also be able to demonstrate:
- Extensive experience in a resource or delivery management role for an enterprise scale business
- Background of working in a role that has an international remit.
- Experience dealing with a range of internal stakeholders, from senior-level to technical staff.
- Knowledge of professional services concepts such as utilization, billable resource and resource management tools (desirable)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.