- Payroll Accountant – standalone role
- Join a Sydney based shared services team supporting 350+ employees
- Drive change and improvement for an organisation that makes a difference
ABOUT YWCA AUSTRALIA
YWCA Australia is a feminist not-for-profit organisation focused on improving gender equality for women, young women and girls. Together we challenge the systems, structures and policies that act as barriers to women, especially young women, achieving their full potential.
Our evidence-based programs and services aim to be inclusive of all women and offer support with housing, homelessness, safety and wellbeing. We aim to positively impact the lives of more than two million women, young women and girls by the end of 2023.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As the business goes through a high degree of transformation, the need has arisen for a stand-alone Payroll Accountant to lead and manage the national Payroll function. Reporting to the CFO and working closely with the department heads, this role is responsible for the end-to-end processing of the national payroll, leading key projects that are focused on process and systems improvement and establishing strong relationships across the national business network.
This role is full-time based in our Sydney office and will initially be working remotely.
The ideal applicant we are seeking will have:
- Dedicated payroll experience and the ability to accurately process numerical data
- Experience working in a medium multi-site, multi-state, national organisation
- Completed studies in Accounting or Finance is essential
- Understanding of journal preparation, mapping of payroll and accounting system GL codes, cost allocations and analysis of payroll expense by cost center and departments
- Demonstrated history of process improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern awards, ATO and superannuation legislation.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport.
- Change management knowledge and experience.
- A governance mindset and demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining strong compliance-based policies and processes.
- Effective stakeholder management and influencing skills.
Desirable qualifications and experience:
- In-house experience in ADP Pay Force
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Payroll data systems
- Professional qualifications such as CPA/CA or working towards achieving one
- Experience with Time and Attendance systems
- Experience with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award and Hospitality Industry Award is advantageous
- Knowledge and experience within the not for profit sector
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and MS applications
This position will require the applicant to satisfactorily complete a national criminal history record check and hold the relevant state-based working with vulnerable persons permit prior to employment.
INTERESTED? APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
To be considered for this role, please submit your CV along with a cover letter detailing your experience and knowledge against the selection criteria.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday, 2 October 2020