This role is being assigned to a project that will be located in Woburn, MA as part of the GYN Health Specialty.
The Product Development (PD) Program Manager (PM) should have a proven track record enabling cross-functional teams to deliver complex medical devices quickly and with high quality from concept through commercialization. The PM understands key aspects of capital/reusable and disposable medical device product development and is capable of orchestrating and managing the execution of programs to meet quality, program, and business objectives. This role will be responsible for achieving successful implementation of projects and managing all activities required to define, design, develop and deliver new GYN Health products, systems or software to Medtronic customers.
The Minimally Invasive Therapies Group strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less invasive surgical solutions
SURGICAL INNOVATIONS sets the standard for Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) by creating innovative surgical products and services that focus on obesity and diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, abdominal wall, pelvic region, and the head and neck.
PATIENT MONITORING AND RECOVERY focuses on improving outcomes associated with respiratory compromise, deep vein thrombosis, nutritional insufficiency, and healthcare associated infections.
RESPIRATORY, GASTROINTESTINAL & INFORMATICS (RGI) offers a complete line of solutions that spans the continuum of care. We help with early detection and treatment of diseases, and reduce complications to accelerate recovery from patient conditions. We focus on expanding global access to our therapies that improve clinical outcomes for gastrointestinal diseases and cancer, and patients with respiratory compromise.
RENAL CARE SOLUTIONS strives to improve outcomes, access, and quality of life for patients affected by renal disease.
- Lead cross-functional project teams spanning multiple geographic locations and including external vendors. Cross-functional teams include R&D (mechanical, hardware, software, systems), marketing, regulatory, operations, quality, supply chain, clinical, and external partners including medical professionals.
- Interface across levels of staff and management to develop cross departmental relationships
- Manage detailed scope, schedule, budget, resourcing, and risk management activities for the program. Direct responsibility for delivering products on time, within budget and with minimal long term sustaining engineering required.
- Lead planning of projects, work with technical and marketing teams to define product features, requirements, and scope.
- Track project deliverables and ensure task completion by cross-functional team. Drive the tactical project execution and develop and maintain detailed project schedules and resource allocations.
- Identify key project stakeholders, understand their expectations, and effectively communicate with them throughout the program.
- Provide clear and concise program updates, including unbiased communication of project status and issues using standardized forms and metrics to both the cross-functional team and senior management.
- Ensure design control requirements are met for the project including owning the design history file (DHF).
- Schedule and conduct core team meetings, design reviews, vendor meetings and reviews, management updates and other cross functional meetings as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
To be considered for this role, please ensure the minimum requirements are evident on your resume.
- Minimum eight (8) years of relevant leadership experience which includes minimum five (5) years of experience leading product development projects in a stage-gate style system.
- Medical device/ FDA regulated industry experience preferred.
- Effective planning and organization skills including the proven ability to work against multiple objectives and on multiple programs simultaneously.
- Ability to balance team leadership responsibilities while still operating as an individual contributor at times.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship and team building skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to tailor communication for different audiences.
- Ability to establish and maintain a trusted role with the various stakeholders in coordinating multiple functions across the organization.
- Problem solving skills and ability to lead others to solutions
- Strong understanding of FDA and ISO standards and regulations
- Strong technical background preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products including MS Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Travel up to 20%
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)