Fairmarkit is the intelligent sourcing platform that empowers organizations to more efficiently purchase the goods and services they need. By equipping procurement and supply-chain teams with automation and data, Fairmarkit promotes competitive bidding while reducing manual work within existing processes. Leveraged across a number of industries by innovative procurement departments, such as Univision, ServiceNow, and the MBTA, Fairmarkit aims to revolutionize the way organizations make purchases.
Headquartered in Boston, we are looking for exceptional candidates to grow our $11m Series A startup into a global enterprise and make their mark on the B2B tech industry. Come soar to new heights with us!
Fairmarkit is seeking a People Operations Intern to join our People Team. Working closely with our People Operations Manager, Director of Finance, COO, and other business support functions – you will help to maintain our HR systems, help to fine tune our People Operations processes, and partner with stakeholders to create, organize and complete projects and initiatives that have real impact on Fairmarkit and the culture.
As a People Operations Intern, you will work alongside full-time Fairmarkit employees. You will receive guidance, build relevant experience, and collaborate on important initiatives that directly impact the company. Interns will also have the opportunity to connect with Fairmarkit leadership who will give advice and share the lessons they have learned over the course of their careers.
- Engage in key learning opportunities across multiple functional areas of the People team including recruiting, sourcing, hiring, onboarding, compliance, and communications
- Assist with a variety of People team processes and administration
- Support with general administrative tasks
- Help manage the onboarding process for new hires, as well as help to schedule and develop our orientation process
- Learn from and work with the People Operations manager in areas including talent development, benefits, performance management, compliance, recruiting, and training
- Partner with department heads and the People Operations manager on current projects
- Complete and present one People related project to help improve our current team processes
- Participate in training sessions, team meetings, skill building and professional development
- Current college student working towards a Bachelor’s Degree (preferably with a focus in Human Resources, Business, Communications, Psychology, or other related fields)
- Interest in a career in Human Resources or Organizational Management
- Familiar with Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Positive, self-motivated with a high level of enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Can navigate and thrive in a fast paced environment
Fairmarkit is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.