McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values , McKesson’s 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
McKesson is currently seeking a dynamic candidate for a Pharmacy Technician Supervisor in our Louisville, KY facility.
- Responsible for providing telephonic patient counseling, nursing intervention with some support to physicians and coordination and delivery of reimbursement and other services related to the patient support programs.
- May be responsible for the coordination and delivery of services related to the patient support programs.
- Involves interactions with patients, physicians and other health care professionals and members of multidisciplinary team using web based, telephony and face to face means of communication
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of a team or like teams of employees in the professional, business support and/or operations support career streams.
- Manages activities of a team that range from routine to moderately complex; coordinates work activities with other supervisors.
- Would usually have 1 or more of the following responsibilities: hiring, terminations, performance appraisals, and/or pay reviews.
- Decisions and problem-solving skill
- Excellent written and communication skills
- 3 years leadership experience in a customer service or call center environment.
- High School diploma, Bachelors in Business or Pharmaceutical preferred.
CAREER LEVEL: M1
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
Other jobs you may like
You will lead a team of approximately 20 Pharmacy Technicians and help to ensure that the department meets all production and quality goals through performance management, process improvement and leadership collaboration. You will be responsible for monitoring workflow and production measures throughout the night for timely and accurate dispensing of patient orders, and work with the Pharmacy Manager to resolve issues and problems according to set guidelines.
Additional critical responsibilities include:
- complete annual written review on individuals
- provide ongoing performance updates throughout the year
- counsel and administer disciplinary action in accordance to department and Human Resource policies
- coordinate workflow and procedure changes and problem resolution as it relates to the department and organization
- promote collaborations between team members, managers and departments
- address questions and concerns from the team.
- provide individual and department training, mentoring and motivation to support and improve performance.
Rotating shifts (opening 7:30am-4:00pm, mid 9:30am-6:00pm and closing 11:00am-7:30pm). There are also rotating responsibilities to work a late shift from 12:30pm-9:00pm 2-3x per month in addition to a weekend rotation to work on Saturday and Sunday from 8:00am-5:00pm)
Our organization offers a competitive benefit package which includes Paid Time Off, 10 Paid Holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, and employee discounted stock purchase program, 401K, tuition reimbursement, and employee discounts at all CVS stores.
Join the company helping people on their path to better health!
- Valid Pharmacy Technician License for the state of Illinois
- 1+ years of supervisory or management experience in a pharmacy (PBM, Specialty), insurance or healthcare setting required.
- 2+ years of healthcare experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Extreme accuracy and attention to detail and data standards
- Ability to work in teams and coordinate work efforts
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Attention to customer focus to ensure patients are responded to with accurate and timely information
- High School Diploma or GED required
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.