A Day in the Life
- Operate central plant equipment/systems (chillers, boilers, cooling towers, water treatment systems, air compressors, air handlers, pumps, etc).
- Troubleshoot plumbing, electrical, HVAC issues, take proper corrective action.
- Respond to emergency calls for system and equipment failure.
- Ability to be ‘on-call’.
- Ability to be available 24/7 as schedule dictates to respond to emergencies.
- Properly document preventive and corrective work activity on a daily basis utilizing the computerized maintenance management system.
- Prioritize competing demands – follow up on work completion with customer and management.
- Utilize Building Automation System for proper equipment operation.
- Adhere to operational policies and procedures, meet all safety requirements.
- Complete all preventive and corrective maintenance based on due/scheduled dates.
- Coordinate sub-contracted maintenance activity, monitor sub-contracted work for completion and accuracy.
- Perform routine lubrication, inspection, adjustments, cleaning, and replacement of consumable materials.
- Communicate timely and effectively with all levels on facility issues, work status, emergencies, etc.
- Perform additional duties as requested to ensure the continued effective and efficient operation of facility systems.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience of relevant experience and may require vocational or technical education or certification in addition to prior work experience
Nice to Have
- Boiler license 1-C or greater
- Experience with Building Automation Systems (BAS)
- Experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS)
- Must have working knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing systems
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)