The Global Application Tooling Division (GATD) is seeking a self-motivated individual to lead the Waynesboro (WBO) facility as a Plant Manager (Senior Manager of Operations). As the Plant Manager, you have a sense of urgency and are transformational in nature. In addition, you know the value of the people you lead and drive engagement. WBO operation is comprised of an CNC machining and assembly operations in a challenging high mix and low volume environment. It is a highly skilled workforce with total headcount for the site is approximately 200 employees. The role will report into the Director of Operations.
The Plant Manager will take ownership of the Waynesboro facility from end to end including manufacturing, production control, manufacturing engineering, quality, and warehouse activities. The candidate will create the vision and strategy for the facility, defining goals, improve technologies, and resolve bottlenecks to the execution. They will lead a transformation to create state-of-the-art machining and manufacturing environment. This resulting in cost-effective processing and profitable manufacturing products, as well as developing operations related plans, budgets, policies and procedures.
As part of the GATD team, the incumbent will be joining a group of professionals who are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business, while maintaining integrity, taking accountability, working together and continually improving to ensure constant innovation and openness to change.
- Cascade vision and strategic objectives from Segment, Business Unit and Operations functional leadership
- Lead the facility’s lean initiative to drive continuous improvement in all aspects of this challenging manufacturing environment
- Develop talent at the Site to increase flexibility in the operation to be able to maneuver within demand swings
- Drive accountability at Site, creating a performance environment to be present in all levels of the organization
- Develop action plans and make operational decisions critical to the site’s operational success thus ensuring successful delivery against targets and strategy
- Responsible for the P&L at the Site including operating budget, forecasts commitments, capital planning, and conversion productivity
- Cost conscious ensuring aligned with volume focused on increasing margins
- Focus on quality expectations of the customer and creating an extraordinary customer experience including but not limited to continuously improving ship to request execution
- Allocate appropriate resources and monitor goal attainment and develop headcount requirements and work to align with achieving operations plan
- Coach, develop coach and engage team
- Demonstrate and proactively drive all people management responsibilities including hiring, training, coaching, performance management, development
- Proactively address potentially difficult or complex employee relations issues while pulling in the necessary stakeholders (i.e. HR, Legal, etc.)
- Drive strategic workforce planning and successful talent development strategies aligned to business needs, OLR and strategic succession planning outcomes/requirements, and seasonality
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain or Business required
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working with a manufacturing organization with proven success in plant transformation
- Minimum 5 years of management experience required
- Strong leadership capabilities to engage and develop teams
- Strong communications skills
- Business and financial acumen
- Lean and/or six sigma experience a plus
- Experience working with multiple customers and suppliers in a low volume high mix industry
- Experience in a CNC machining environment a plus
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.