Atrial fibrillation (AFIB) is a quivering or irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) that can lead to blood clots, stroke, heart failure and other heart-related complications. 20 million people around the world suffer from AFIB each year. Biosense Webster, Inc. is the global leader in the science of diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders. The company established its leadership in electrophysiology with the development of the first real-time, 3D cardiac mapping and navigation technology, as well as the first electrophysiology catheter. The introduction of the company’s CARTO® 3 System in 2009 revolutionized 3D mapping technology by increasing the accuracy, speed, and efficiency of the cardiac ablation procedure.
The PM Engineering Tech Ops Staff Engineer will manage and maintain the technical qualification of External Manufacturers (henceforth referred to as suppliers) and manufacturing processes, supervise the resolution of complex technical issues that may require the development of new or improved techniques or procedures and lead related activities for designated commodity(s).
The position provides technical leadership, project management and mentoring to engineers and team members. It explores and manages technical innovation needed to develop processes for the manufacture of medical devices. The position translates abstract project concepts or requirements into meaningful, actionable deliverables and plans.
The PM Engineering Tech Ops Staff Engineer is the technical lead to manage multiple large scale, complex projects and coordinate and lead the utilization of internal/external resources to achieve project goals. The position will support external suppliers through managing the qualification of supplier products and processes, analyzing and resolving supplier technical issues, provide leadership and coaching as a team leader and within teams, initiate and manage process excellence projects to improve quality, yields and value received from the supply base. The position will act as the representative for both the supplier’s quality system and the BWI quality system and will need to work with BWI Supplier Quality partners to ensure that technical plans adhere to requirements in both systems.
This individual will be partnering with the new product development community to provide technology assessment and supplier technical support, supporting new product development and other “product lifecycle” activities, designing and overseeing experiments, applying statistical analyses to evaluate results and preparing technical reports. The position will lead multi-functional teams in critical, complex projects of major impact on business unit sales and profitability, support Operations management and Engineering in leading tactical activities sustaining corporate initiatives and/or departmental objectives and participate in technology and development of partnerships to develop internal competencies for supporting external product development.
- Responsible for presenting business-related issues or opportunities to next management level
- Responsible for ensuring subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (preferably Electrical or Mechanical)
- A minimum of 7 years of related experience is required
- Previous manufacturing environment experience required
- Electronics / electromechanical assembly and medical device (or other highly regulated) industry experience
- It is required to possess the demonstrated ability in leadership and project management
- It is required the Staff Engineer possess the ability to oversee the development of others in the department, define complex issues and execute work that involves complex problems
- The successful candidate will possess effective leadership and management skills, has the ability to influence others to achieve business objectives and excellent written and oral communication skills
- The position requires strong technical writing skills, the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and the ability to fluently change priorities based upon business need
- An estimate of travel up to 25% may be required.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)