IS&T Point of Sale (POS) Engineering is responsible for the technology and IT systems used to enable Apple Retail Stores to service millions of customers every day, making Apple Retail one of the best retailers in the world.
Do you enjoy solving sophisticated business problems with process and technology? Do you thrive in environments that require multi-functional thinking, collaboration, and innovation? If so, this may be the job for you.
- Experience supporting critical customer-facing systems in Production
- Strong problem-solving ability and experience identifying root causes from diverse datasets (logs, telemetry, customer reports)
- Experience driving the resolution of large-scale multi-functional issues
- Strong sense of ownership, customer service, and integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Hands-on software engineering experience in Java or Python
- Experience collaborating on code reviews, internal infrastructure improvements, and process enhancements.
- Passionate about tooling and automation, eager to voice support for SRE standard methodologies to the wider team.
Apple is looking for an individual that takes pride in crafting solutions to improve product delivery and customer support. This engineer needs to work closely with multi-functional teams to identify issues and go on to work with the engineering teams to accurately get them addressed. Critical thinking, planning, documenting, and presenting within the team and cross-functionally is essential to the success of the role. Their role will include:
– Handling Incidents reported by an international user base
– Shepherding applications through the software delivery life cycle (D2P)
– Setup and analyze application health metrics and provide solutions to ensure stability
– Lead or participate in the development of functional requirements and technical specifications
– Coordinate development efforts of vendors, contractors, and shared service groups
– Assist with the introduction of new products launches by validating and automating their configurations.
Experience in Databases & SQL
Understanding of Linux Operating Systems
Comfortable with on-call rotations
Retail Experience is a plus
Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible
Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as DNS, TCP/IP, and Load Balancing
Experience in Cloud based platforms + Containers (Zookeeper, Kafka, Solr, Kubernetes)