At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Albany Green Energy is a 50-megawatt biomass renewable energy plant
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Uses computerized maintenance management system to maintain and control work order system spare parts inventory. Perform maintenance and repair work on plant equipment such as pumps, gearboxes, fans, turbines, bearings, boilers, pipe systems, valves and limitorque operators.
2. Operates monitors and maintains turbines, generators, pumps, scrubber plants, industrial wastewater treatment plants, boilers, motors, combustion turbines and associated auxiliary equipment.
3. Trains and develops other employees in performing preventive maintenance and routine equipment service activities. Practices situational leadership, environmental and safety stewardship.
4. Leads equipment or system problem identification and recommends solutions.
5. Develops operating procedures for plant equipment to ensure consistent safe operation.
6. Performs all work during an assigned shift in a safe, continuous and efficient manner while maintaining environmental and housekeeping standards with in federal, state and local guidelines. Performs work per Work Management processes and ensures safety using equipment Tag out process.
7. Assists in requisitioning parts and supplies.
8. Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Engineering Technology, Electronics, or related field OR;
- HS Diploma with 18 months of trade or technical training in Power Plant Technology;
- Available for overtime as required;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Basic computer skills;
- Understanding of power plant prints;
- Valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle;
- Ability to successfully complete the training requirements for the position including previously passing the Tech test;
- Ability to work in a power plant environment that includes climbing and walking long distances;
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster