- Manage a team in excess of 10 people whose primary responsibility is program/project management in a professional services environment
- 5+ years’ hands on experience leading the delivery of multiple enterprise-level IT consulting projects using Agile/Iterative methodologies
- Mentored, coached or trained other project/engagement managers, the business or customers on agile best practices, frameworks and/or methodologies
- Experience utilizing Agile and Waterfall methodologies to deliver engagements/projects
- Experience with Agile and Project Management (APM) toolsets (e.g. Jira, RallyDev, VersionOne, Taiga, etc). Sprinting with backlogs managed in these toolsets.
- Deep and advanced experience and understanding of leading Agile ecosystems (SAFE, Scrum, Kanban) and Lean systems thinking.
- Able to lead and contribute to the creation of best practices, packaged offering, white papers, workshops, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services as needed.
Do you have IT consulting leadership experience deploying technology and IT transformations within Fortune 500 enterprise organizations across infrastructure technologies, disciplines, practices and transformations? Have you built and led successful consulting practices? Do you have broad technical skills and experience across all aspects of Project/Program Execution and Delivery? Can you build and lead a Project Delivery focused technical specialty team to deliver new capabilities to our enterprise customers?
The Amazon Web Services Professional Services team is looking for Delivery Practice Managers (DPM) that can manage, develop and guide customers in their adoption of AWS Cloud solutions, including innovative solutions using agile frameworks. A DPM will focus on a geography and a set of technical specialties, and will manage a team of direct reports. The DPM will develop a long-term plan to develop the right skills across its team. The team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
As the person in this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of engagements to customers across the continent. You will expedite stakeholder alignment, team cohesion and risk mitigation while ensuring feedback loops close the engagement lifecycle. You will assist in training internal teams in agile development/framework best practices, utilize the framework to accelerate both innovation and migration scenarios with customers and be a strategic business partner. Location flexible, as long as you are located in a major metropolitan hub in the US. Preference given to the following locations: Washington, DC Major Metrolpolitan area
- Has at least one active project management certification (e.g., APM, CSM, PMI-ACP, PRINCE2)
- AWS Experience and Certifications.
- Managed technical projects consisting of 8 or more people totaling over $1,000,000 budget
- Managed and delivered IT engagements for a Fortune 100 company.
- Managed engagements using both Waterfall and Agile/Iterative methodologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM, MBA or Masters in Computer Science.
- Has presented to Sr. Managers/Directors as well as to technical subject matter experts. Routinely engages at these levels with customers, as well as with their consulting partners
- One of the AWS Associate level certifications or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with various functional knowledge
- Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders and customers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.