Job Title: Pricing Manager
Reports To: Sales Operations Manager
Career Band: 5
Job Track: Professional
Position Location: US – Wisconsin – Madison or remote
Number of Direct Reports: None
Day/Shift (if applicable): Day
FLSA Status (Exempt/Non-Exempt):
The Pricing Manager is primarily responsible for managing pricing implementation in our ERP and CRM tools, facilitating a SPEC wide annual pricing review, and serving as a resource for the SPEC team for pricing questions and analysis. This role operates as a key business partner to the Global Sales, Service, Finance, and Product Marketing organizations.
- Work with IT teams to ensure pricing is implemented correctly in ERP systems (SAP, Strategic, QAD and Oxaion) globally
- Work with IT teams to ensure pricing is implemented correctly in CRM quoting tool (Big Machines CPQ addon to SFDC)
- Manage all non-CPQ quoting tools used by parts of the global sales team (primarily Excel based tools)
- Coordinate annual pricing review for complete SPEC business. This includes establishing timelines, educating participants and stake holders on the process, providing tools for product managers to optimize pricing, obtaining alignment between Product Marketing, Finance, and Sales, estimating the impact of proposed changes, and implementing all changes globally.
- Manage distribution of pricing to key channel partners (i.e. Fisher, VWR, etc.)
- Work with Strategic Pricing team to ensure price reporting is accurate and meets business needs.
- Maintain and enforce discount authority matrix up to date.
- Work with internal and external auditors as necessary to ensure pricing processes are compliant and documented.
- Analyze pricing and put forward proposals on how to better optimize pricing.
- Understand where we are at verses pricing goals and provide explanations of what is driving areas to be above or below expectations.
- Provide discount/price reporting to sales managers for their teams (Excel and Power BI)
- Support other sales operations functions which may include commercial reporting, commission calculations, forecasting, SFDC support, and providing support on sales operations processes to the global sales team and Product Marketing team.
- Special projects and ad hoc requests as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited higher learning institution (preferred area of study: Data Science, Finance, Business, Mathematics, or Statistics )
- Basic project management skills
- SAP or other ERP experience
- SFDC or other CRM experience
- Proficiency in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of subject matter experts, managers, and executives
- Ability to effectively run a meeting
- Previous experience managing pricing in ERP or CRM systems is a plus
- Microsoft Power BI and SQL experience are a plus
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must be results driven with an excellent attention to detail
- Must be comfortable managing large and complex datasets
- Must be comfortable managing projects and timelines
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Must work well within teams, be flexible and adapt to change easily
- Demonstrate innovative and creative thinking and problem solving
- Believes in and demands accountability
- High level of energy and can bring a passion to excel
- Experience in a large, multi-currency, international operating company
Possesses a strong set of personal and business values that coincide with those of the 4I’s (Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement)