Fixed Income Analyst/Associate Job Description
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. PricingDirect Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of JPMorgan Chase & Co., provides its clients with evaluations on over 2.5 million fixed income securities and derivative instruments each day. With offices in New York, London, and Hong Kong, PricingDirect employees have access to trading, analytics, research, and technology resources of J.P. Morgan, allowing the business serve clients globally.
The Fixed Income Analyst role in PricingDirect is a demanding position requiring a knowledgeable professional capable of performing complex financial assignments, including quantitative and information/data analysis, requiring self-motivated problem solving skills in a dynamic environment.
- Daily generation of fixed income securities valuations for multiple market closes, entailing start-to-end responsibilities. This includes market data collection and analysis, price generation, quality control, and client feedback.
- Examine and develop new areas of product growth through independent self-guided research, interactions with clients, J.P. Morgan trading desks, research professionals, and technology teams.
- Address all client concerns on a daily basis with emphasis on providing first-class service and quality.
- Continuously improve product and service quality through daily market surveillance, communication with market participant, data and financial analysis, enhancing process controls, and ensuring data quality.
- Develop and maintain regular contact with trading desks, research, and market participants.
- Perform in-depth analysis on an individual security or portfolio of securities and explain nuances to colleagues and clients.
- Firm understanding of the principles of finance, fixed income securities, business operations, and mathematical and/or statistical modeling.
- Ability to collect and analyze large amounts of market information, extract its essence and incorporate the findings into valuation matrix and processes.
- Strong user of Excel with VBA coding experience; practical experience working with python
- Exposure to databases and/or various programming languages preferred.
- Creative problem solver with ability to perform well under pressure.
- Detail oriented, with a highly disciplined approach to process and quality control.
- Ability to learn quickly, multi-task and self-manage priorities.
- Excellent client communications skills.
- Strong team player.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, ideally in Finance or a related field of study such as Economics, Statistics, Business Administration, Engineering or Mathematics.
- Experience in programming language such as python, VBA, perl, java, C/C++, SQL.
- Proficiency in Excel and high aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Clear, logical thinker with strong quantitative abilities.
- Effective communication skills to interact with traders, research, and clients.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans