Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Principal Configuration Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
The Configuration Analyst will be responsible for supporting Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems (NGAS) Joint STARS program
- Establish and maintain configuration management libraries to include document, software, and hardware configuration items (using tools such as JIRA, BitBucket, SharePoint, DOORS)
- Facilitate change boards including configuration control and technical review boards
- Maintain configuration control to include creation, maintenance, and shipping of physical media as necessary
- Plan and coordinate preparations of project documentation such as engineering drawings, production specifications and schedules, and contract modifications, to ensure customer contract requirements are met
- Reviews contract to determine documentation required for each phase of project, applying knowledge of engineering and manufacturing processes
- Analyzes proposed changes of product design to determine effect on overall product and system
- Coordinates modification records for management control
- Establishes change orders and prepares for change authorization and documentation by company and subcontractor
- Reviews and analyzes released engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and engineering data control activities
- Supports program configuration and data management requirements
We offer flexible work arrangements, great learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and at least 6 years of relevant experience OR
- Master’s degree from an accredited university and at least 4 years of relevant experience
- 11+ years of relevant experience can be considered in lieu of education
- Experience using Microsoft Office Tools and SharePoint
- Experience working with DoD contracts
Preferred Qualifications for Principal Systems Engineer:
- Understanding of configuration management principles/ best practices to include configuration status accounting
- DOORS configuration management experience
- Atlassian JIRA administration experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.