Preference is for the position to be based onsite in Mounds View, MN, but open to remote in the US.
A Day in the Life
- Contract administration for the SAO in collaboration with the Sr. Contract Manager and the Pricing Strategy Team. This includes executing on pricing strategies and analytics, strategy development in response to customer pricing requests and ensuring the price governance model is followed.
- Provide robust and accurate pricing analysis.
- Prepare quarterly business reviews in conjunction with SAO Zones, Sr. Contract Manager, RFL and RVP.
- Negotiate pricing under parameters as set forth by management in conjunction with sales, legal and marketing for standard and custom products. Support pricing systems for disposable products and capital equipment.
- Process customer quotation and bid requests in a timely manner in accordance with Medtronic pricing objectives, terms, and conditions.
- Negotiate SAO pricing and contracts through sales force to meet Medtronic objectives. Support sales force with pricing strategy and rational behind corporate position to help facilitate positive outcomes in pricing discussions.
- Execute and monitor negotiated contracts from implementation and to expiration to ensure that appropriate pricing is applied to sales orders.
- Influence decisions made across CVG Departments and represent pricing management at cross-functional meetings.
- Track performance on rebate/compliance contracts. Analyze compliance and determine appropriate rebate and pricing strategies.
- Support Customer Care, Credit Financial Services and other organizations to resolve pricing discrepancies and other related issues.
- Ability to manage projects with minimal direction to help the SAO and CVG Organization achieve objectives.
- Understand key financial indicator’s impact on Medtronic Business, competition, and the marketplace. Utilize this knowledge to the benefit of the business. Understand how business strategies and tactics enhance opportunities to operate effectively. Understand and comply with all laws, regulations and/or company policies.
- Maintain a point of view broader than current role. Consider the needs of the entire organization. Demonstrate global thinking in decision making. a
- Engage in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree with 7+ years of Financial and/or Contracting experience (5+ years with an Advanced degree)
Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting
- 3 +years experience in pricing strategy/negotiation, contract administration, or financial analysis
- High proficiency with Excel Spreadsheets, Business Objects, and SAP
- Additional experience in sales, marketing, purchasing, healthcare or related areas desirable.
- Experience with contracting/negotiation and customer interaction.
- Solid business acumen and judgment.
- Sound analytical skills, ability to manipulate and interpret data.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Tactful, exercises independent judgment and discretion
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with high attention to detail
- Strong relationship building, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to function well in high-energy business environments.
- MBA preferred
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)