- 15+ years leading complex, large scale, IT/technical/engineering programs
- 10+ years in a senior customer facing role
- Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, math or equivalent experience
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to effectively deliver information at the C-suite/VP level
- Experience working with current technologies (especially cloud)
- Self-motivated problem solver who thrives in a dynamic and customer-focused environment
- Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure in stressful situations, respond to customer needs quickly and effectively, and adaptive to change
- Highly analytical, technically proficient, and able to learn new tools and software quickly
- Demonstrated leadership through influence
- Business English language skills
- Direct experience in implementing AWS/cloud services
- Deep understanding of software development/engineering life-cycle from conception to delivery
- SCRUM/Agile, PMP, Prince2, PgMP, SAFe certified
- Ability to travel 25% to 35% as needed
- Ability to work in a diverse team
Principal Customer Solutions Manager
Are you customer obsessed, speak cloud, and want to help customers build at unbelievable scale? Come join a collaborative and talented team, dedicated to helping customers achieve new possibilities leveraging AWS. As an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Principal Customer Solutions Manager you will work with the largest and most complex enterprises in the world, and enable their multi-year journey to the cloud. In this new, highly visible, role you will be ensuring that all AWS teams are working together effectively and efficiently to deliver outcomes for the customer.
You will be a trusted advisor to our customers. You will leverage your program management, technical, organizational, and transformation expertise to understand your customer’s business and strategic goals, translate those goals into an executable plan, and drive that plan to successful outcomes. You will understand your customers’ biggest IT challenges, and provide prescriptive guidance, based on AWS best practices, navigating the customer through the operational, educational, and governance aspects of a successful AWS cloud journey.
You will take end-to-end ownership of a diverse range of projects and initiatives, interfacing and influencing amongst the other core account groups (Sales, Support, Solutions Architecture, and Professional Services), product/engineering teams, and customer teams. You will evangelize AWS services and influence customers to adopt the right solution at the right time. You should be passionate about delivering a great customer experience by deploying AWS solutions, driving innovation, and delivering successful migration programs.
You are encouraged to think big, invent and take ownership on customer challenges. You will not only bring the best of AWS/Amazon to our customers, you will proactively help solve the customer’s challenges through new ideas, tools and mechanisms.
In addition to your customer facing responsibilities, you will help shape the rapidly growing Customer Solutions Management function, where your passion to define and implement standard processes, methodologies, and tools will be highly valued.
Successful candidates will have a strong technical background, be aware of details that matter, have excellent problem-solving abilities, and be exemplary communicators both at the executive and project team level. You will be a peer leader, have the ability to gain stakeholder buy-in, and negotiate and lead virtual teams, regardless of geographical or organizational boundaries. Your enterprise cloud experience and operational excellence will influence the team’s decisions, provide insight, and help drive secure and robust solutions.
- Robust understanding of key technology and market trends
- Prior experience working in a technology sales organization
- Direct experience leading large enterprise transformations with AWS/cloud services
- Working experience as a SCRUM master or leading a SAFe program
- AWS or other cloud certifications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.