As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
We are currently seeking an energetic and passionate principal data scientist to drive analytical projects and to ensure that Visa Predictive Models deliver the world-class quality that our clients have come to expect.
The Visa Predictive Models team is responsible for building and maintaining consumer behavior and risk models to solve business problems for Visa’s clients. We work with one of the richest payment and consumer behavior data sets in the world. So if you like digging through mounds of complicated data, creating insightful attributes and building AI for prediction then you need to apply to this team!
The team closely collaborates with other analytic stakeholders to clarify the business problem in order to determine the most appropriate analytic approach that provides meaningful results to customers. Responsibilities include projects on time and within scope with an in-depth knowledge of big data and cutting edge data mining techniques as well as the use of predictive, classification, machine learning and alternate analytic algorithms for modeling and segmentation.
The successful candidate will be based in either Arlington, VA or Foster City, CA.
- Perform model validation for newly developed eCommerce models, generate performance analysis, interpret and present validation and model governance results to non-technical audience.
- Compile complex predictive model packages for production deployment; support model installations, and monitor and calibrate production models
- Define financial and analytic metrics to measure development and production outcomes and produce performance reports and dashboards
- Develop the next generation eCommerce modeling
- Propel analytic product development via conducting statistical analyses on various data sources; and add values to products by being innovative and applying the analysis
- Support sales and marketing efforts with sound statistical and financial analysis; execute ad-hoc analyses to meet the fast-changing market demands
- Develop business requirements and appropriate statistical analysis/prototypes to meet critical business needs
- Work on cross functional teams and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Promote big data innovations and analytic education throughout the Visa organization
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative field, such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, or Engineering
- 6+ years of working experience in a predictive modeling, data analysis or data visualization function
- Strong communication skills to work with internal and external clients
- Proven ability of handling multi-tasks in a dynamic environment
- Attention to details and problem-solving skills
- Candidates with a PhD in a quantitative field, such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, or Engineering preferred
- Hands-on experience with deep learning preferred
- Experience with Spark (Scala or Python) preferred
- Past marketing modeling experience in financial industry preferred
- Experience with Agile methods and tools (Jira, Git, Jenkins & Artifactory) for the production deployment of software or predictive models preferred
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.