Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector is seeking a Principal Electronics Engineer (level 3) to support our team in Azusa, CA. The principal electronics engineer will be a part of a fast paced team that develops new products for the on orbit signal processing of infrared imagery for national assets that help to protect the country. Primary assignment will be the architecture, design, coding, and testing of digital logic for Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) for both space and ground applications including real-time image processing, command and control, and robustness to operate in high-radiation environments without disruption. A significant portion of the job will involve being in electronics labs, working with prototype hardware for future missions, debugging code, testing performance, and presenting demonstrations to customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) field & 5 years of exempt level related technical engineering experience, OR Master’s degree in a STEM field & 3 years of exempt level related technical engineering experience
- Experience with Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) or Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs)
- Current & active DoD secret security clearance or higher
- Master’s degree in Electrical, Electronics, or Computer Engineering
- 5 years experience with FPGA or ASIC design, coding, and/or testing
- Experience with Xilinx FPGAs, Xilinx ISE tools, and/or Xilinx Vivado tools
- Experience with Microsemi (formerly Actel) FPGAs and tools
- Experience designing for space environments and applications
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.