Our Aeronautics Systems sector is seeking a Principal Engineer Industrial to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
In this role you will analyze and design sequence of operations and work flow to improve efficiencies in plant and production facilities and equipment layouts, as well as establish methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel. May establish or assist in establishing accident prevention measures and may manage training programs for personnel concerning all phases of production operations. Conduct studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems. On the basis of these studies, develop and implement plans and programs for facility modifications and revisions to operating methods. May assist facilities engineers in the planning and design of facilities.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree with 5 years of experience in a manufacturing or production environment; OR a Master’s Degree with 3 years of experience in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Must have a current active DoD secret clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain special program access.
- Scheduling and manufacturing process knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with MS Excel
- STEM degree
- Previous Industrial Engineering experience
- Aerospace experience
- Capable of working with MS Excel, MS Access, and MS Project software, ability to pull data from different rources and compile for metric development.
- Experience with continuous improvment initiatives
- Experience with value stream mapping
- Experience developing estimates
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.