- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of professional experience in engineering, with experience in technical innovation and leadership.
- Experience in system design.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Domain experience in ads, monetization, web publishing and content creation.
- Experience motivating others to act by creating a shared sense of vision or purpose, a compelling vision for the future, communicating clearly, and using a collaborative leadership approach.
- Demonstrated ability to think in a strategic manner to develop innovative offerings, and to work effectively with a global mindset/across regional boundaries.
- Ability to navigate and work effectively in ambiguity.
About the job
In this role, you will be responsible for defining the team’s vision, strategic and technical direction as well as help shape engineering roadmaps. You’ll also be responsible for defining the engineering culture of the team, setting high technical excellence in everything we do and supporting our engineers’ growth.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Understand the landscape of monetization models – historical, current and future. Drive the creation of monetization strategy(ies) and improvements to the tech stack.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to set strategic direction from a technical perspective. Identify the technological and experiential constructs that are required for that vision to be realized.
- Develop a roadmap that assembles the building blocks over time, including projects currently underway as well as new projects.
- Provide domain expertise and engineering insight to guide early designs, accelerate project decision making, and maintain close oversight of technical execution and proactively adjust course where necessary.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and partners in Search, Chrome and Ads to ensure a cohesive strategy and vision.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.