Northrop Grumman’s Space Sector is searching for an experienced Principal Engineer Software to join the Launch Vehicle business unit to support the Strike Weapons Program in Chandler, AZ.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the design and implementation of embedded flight software and test tools through the full software life cycle for launch vehicles. This includes the development of software requirement specifications and design documentation as well as participating in software process activities including peer reviews, integration testing, and configuration management. The candidate may also work in conjunction with a software project manager to develop schedules, track progress, lead a development team, and support internal and external program and customer meetings.
- 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with a minimum of five years of experience.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Active security clearance is required.
- Experience with real-time embedded systems and the full software development lifecycle.
- Object Oriented (OO) software development experience with the C++ programming language
- Experience in embedded real-time software development, debug and test
- Experience with real time operating systems (RTOS) environments including VxWorks, Integrity, LynxOS or other equivalent RTOS
- Experience with full software development lifecycle
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Interrupt Service Routine, Device Driver, and chip level software development and debugging experience
- Working knowledge of hardware/software analysis tools (debuggers, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, emulators, etc)
- Proficiency with Linux and Linux based software development tools
- Experience with PowerPC processors (PPC 750, 8260 & 8280)
- Familiarity with DOORS (Requirement Management System), Rhapsody, Git/Bitbucket/Jira
- Experience with CMM/SEI or equivalent software development process
- Experience with developing UML design models
- Experience with space craft or launch systems software development is highly desired.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.