Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
NG Space Systems – Propulsion Systems is currently seeking a Principal Financial Analyst for our F700 team supporting several locations within the Flight Systems but home location would be the Promontory (Brigham), UT facility.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Financial Analyst is responsible for partnering with program management, operational and functional leadership, customers, and other financial groups to plan and execute programs and operating plans.
As a financial analyst you will drive results and provide recommendations to leadership by performing various functions such as:
- Forecasting sales, profit, cash flow, detailed labor and material costs, and staffing demand
- Establishing budgets and schedules for programs and operational organizations
- Supporting program and operational execution through weekly and monthly performance analysis on financial, schedule, and operational plans and communicating key information, trends and recommendations to leadership
- Developing cost estimates and justifications for external customer proposals and internal business cases
- Participating in the management and control of costs, schedules, and scope through the management control system (i.e. Earned Value Management or EVMS). This includes working with Control Account Managers (CAMs) and using our EVM applications; Primavera (IMS), Cobra (Cost Engine), and other applications
- Partnering with operational organizations to establish and manage indirect budgets and capital plans
- Providing Estimate-at-Completion (EAC) updates for programs and operational organizations
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with people that have technical/professional/management backgrounds
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 6 years of Business Management experience, or a Master’s degree and 4 years of experience
- Strong knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Ability to analyze data, develop options, and communicate recommendations to leadership
- Strong computer skills, especially analysis and data mining skills
- Understanding of Earned Value Management and related tools a plus, but not required
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.