Northrop Grumman is seeking a Principal Linux Systems Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting multiple programs focused on the security of our nation and its allies? The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Enterprise Services team of highly skilled and diverse individuals responsible for the build out and support of a collateral secret classified enterprise infrastructure that supports multiple programs across every Northrop Grumman sector.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform as a Linux Systems Administrator for a classified enterprise network.
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Support multiple networks. Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
- Analyze internal and external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solution to problems by means of automated systems.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, and system components.
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Work after hours and weekends when operational situation warrants or to avoid user impact from changes
- Master’s degree with 3 years of IT experience; OR a Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of IT experience; OR an Associates degree with 7 years of IT experience; OR a High School Diploma/GED with 9 years of IT experience is required
- Must have 1 year of experience with RedHat (RHEL), Linux, Solaris, UNIX, and/or AIX server environments
- Must have a DOD 8570 IAT level 2 baseline certification (example: Security+ CE); OR must have the ability to obtain one within 6 months of start date
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work after hours, and weekends, as needed
- Candidates must have a current DOD Secret clearance in order to be considered
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in a STEM related discipline, a Linux certification, a Security+ CE, and 7 years of experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) server administration in a DSS or JSIG classified environment
- Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments
- Experience with Trusted Guard
- Redhat System Administration certification(s)
- Experience with NAS storage device (preferably NetApp) administration (ONTAP 8.x or higher ; CDOT)
- Solid understanding of Enterprise-level storage concepts to include all commonly-used RAID-levels
- Redhat Satellite Server (version 5 and version 6) configuration and usage experience
- Solid understanding of remediating security vulnerabilities ; Experience hardening Redhat systems in accordance with RMF and STIGs
- Identity Management (Single Sign-On) experience
- VMware and ESXi (6.x or higher) configuration and management experience
- Experience with host-based firewall implementations and configuration (Redhat “iptables”)
- Experience building custom “rpm” software packages for Redhat platforms
- Windows (7, 10) administration experience; Windows Server 2008/2012 experience; Group Policies(GPOs) experience; Active Directory management experience
- Solid writing skills and use of Wiki pages and Sharepoint sites for documentation
- DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco)
- Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP or similar security certification
- Top Secret clearance highly desirable
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.