ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Engineer will be responsible for:
Project management responsibilities for large sized projects which entails leading and facilitating multiple cross functional teams in the identification and qualification of new suppliers in accordance with company policies and procedures including to IQ/OQ/PQ criteria.
Perform ideation, feasibility analysis, and execution of cost-down projects.
Prepare time, cost, and quality estimates for supplier projects.
Lead and participate in team decision making.
Accurately forecast and track all project related spending.
Lead the development and execution of engineering test protocols for components and devices.
Actively participate in supplier selection & development.
Identify and drive improvements in overall group activities and requirements in regards to project management methodologies used within the group.
A Day in the Life
- Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
- Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
- Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
- Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
- May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
- Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
- Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques.
- Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
Nice to Have
- Regulatory requirements of medical devices.
- Large scale costs savings activities.
- High precision machining operations.
- Insert and injection molding operations.
- Component qualification at vendors’ facilities.
Good knowledge and understanding of supply chain management.
Strong knowledge of business financials and their relationship to engineering.
Strong project management skills including but not limited to project scheduling (MS Project), Charter development, Scope Management, Cost Controls, and other defined and used project management methodologies established within the group.
Management of obsolete component issues.
Supplier quality issue resolution.
Managing Design for Manufacturability/Assembly issues (DFM/DFA) and overall product design reviews through the supply chain and sustaining/R &D engineering groups.
Managing and developing engineering changes in a medical manufacturing environment.
Working knowledge of and experience in Lean and Six-Sigma methodologies.
Self-starter with go get it attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
Strong writing skills (Validation documentation, Supplier Qualification requirements, Manufacturing Instruction creation, etc.).
Sensitivity to cultural diversity and demonstrated success in interacting with a diverse workforce.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)