- 8+ years of Technical Product Management experience with Internet business experience
- Proven track record of taking a product from conception & definition phase through engineering design and taking it to market
- Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive; demonstrated ability to have fun and inspire team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at a level suitable for presentation to senior executives. Must effectively communicate with tech and non-tech teams.
- BA/BS in computer science
If your idea of fun is creating products that simplify and democratize complex technologies then we should talk! We are looking for a principal product manager to help build services that enable customers to use state-of-the-art machine learning technologies to derive insights from data and accelerate their businesses, without requiring ML expertise.
This role is in the Machine Learning (ML) Services team within AWS, which is responsible for delivering ML services across multiple segments and is responsible for products such as Amazon SageMaker, Autopilot, Data Wrangler, Neo, and Elastic Inference. You will be at the center of ML transformation, joining our team in its Day 1 mission to make machine learning accessible to data scientists, data analysts, and business managers. As a leader within the rapidly growing ML services team, you’ll join other thought leaders – work hard, have fun, and define the future of machine learning.
The primary responsibility of the principal product manager (PM) is to help accelerate the business growth of SageMaker’s machine learning automation services. The PM achieves this growth by shaping and driving the product strategy, features, and roadmap that focus on customer experience, user adoption, and operational excellence. The PM interacts with AWS senior management, operates with a high level of autonomy, collaborates closely with product managers, engineering teams across ML/AI services, BD, and customers. The PM must be able to define and execute on go to market strategies.
If you are interested in this position, you should have proven product management experience and project management skills in scaling new businesses. You should be comfortable managing competing priorities and be able to bring order to ambiguous scenarios. The ability to influence leadership is essential to success in this role as are versatility and being able to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. Last, you should be analytical and driven by data, and be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally across organizations and up to senior leadership.
- An MBA
- Have relentlessly high standards (never be satisfied with the status quo)
- Be able to dive deep and remain in touch with the details of the business
- Experience with machine learning workloads, training machine learning models, data analysis, and large scale distributed systems.
- Experience in bringing technology products to market in a fast-paced environment
- Sound business and technical judgment as well as ability to think creatively, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize
- Ability to dive into technical details and ask engineers insightful questions about the services and dependencies you influence
- Strong analytical capabilities, hands-on data analysis skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.