- 10+ years of product management experience
- BS in Computer Science or a related engineering field
- Experience leading cross-functional, cross domain projects with expertise in leading with influence to achieve results
- Ability to communicate technical issues convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Strong leader who can prioritize and drive excellence within a talented, opinionated team
- Well-honed analytical skills, comfortable working with data, and developing insights from it, experience establishing and tracking program metrics, and experience with experimental design
- Experience with financial modeling, for both cost and revenue
- Strong interest in outbound product management
The AWS Computer Vision team develops and applies proprietary artificial intelligence (AI) on behalf of our customers in finance, healthcare, industrial, media and entertainment, and more. Our products include Amazon Textract for documents, Amazon Lookout for Vision (industrial anomaly detection), and Amazon Rekognition for video and images.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial and innovative product and business leader for Amazon Textract. If you are you passionate about revolutionary, high-impact applications of AI — funding billions of dollars of emergency small business loans, fulfilling medical prescriptions, and helping gig workers get paid more quickly, this job is for you. The role’s primary responsibilities focus on building a global business through Go-to-Market (GTM) strategy and partnerships/alliances.
This person will be a critical member of the product management leadership team with executive-level visibility and accountability. As an outbound-focused Principal Product Manager, you will develop positioning, messaging, and go-to-market plans for key product areas and use cases. This includes a unified messaging framework together with business development, Partner, Marketing, PR, and AR teams. It also includes a process for messaging iteration based on customer engagements, business metrics, and feedback from other GTM roles. In this way, everyone is reaching customers with consistent messages, tailored to their audience, and the positioning is consistently improved via feedback loops across GTM teams. You will be responsible for a data-backed understanding of customer success patterns, identifying and mitigating all friction points that come in the way of customer adoption and satisfaction with the service. You will have public speaking responsibilities, and serve as an important face of the product in EBCs, re: invent presentations, summits, and customer/partner events.
The ideal candidate will have a business and strategic background that enables them to deeply understand customer problems and challenges, drive a customer engagement from start to finish, and interact at both the executive level and with engineering leaders at our customers, as well as sufficient technical background to work with both our engineering teams and with customers in building solutions with our services. The ideal candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus within AWS and within customer organizations. Good business judgement, ownership, scrappiness, team spirit, and a work hard, have fun, make history attitude are must.
- Develop go-to-market plans for product areas and use cases within Amazon Textract
- Analyze target market segments and design positioning and value propositions for each use case and focus area
- Develop a unified messaging framework for internal and external audiences, together with business development, Partner, Marketing, PR, and AR teams.
- Design and implement campaigns, programs, and events that drive adoption and customer success; measure and communicate results
- Own and craft content for channels including web, social media, and events to put go-to-market plans into action
- Scale go-to-market efforts through internal enablement activities
- Speak publicly at EBCs, re: invent and AWS Summits, customer and partner events
- Own a customer advisory board (CAB) for strategic Textract customers.
- Work with engineering and feature product managers to reduce friction points that slow down or prevent customers from adopting the service
- MBA or Master’s Degree
- Experience in cloud, edge computing, or mobile networking, along with a track record of turning ambiguous ideas into products and delivering cloud services
- Well-versed in commercial contracting approaches
- Provable and documented track record of taking ownership and driving actual business results (e.g. pipeline auditioning, revenue or margin increases, field and consumer program management with measurable results)
- Experience identifying and resolving complex issues, and assuming leadership roles in unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances – solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.