- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years experience in program/product management, real estate, management consulting, or corporate strategy
- Demonstrated analytical skills to use data to make decisions
- Proven track record of delivering high-impact results in a fast-paced environment
Do you like solving big strategic problems using cutting edge data, science and technology? Do you thrive on creating structure out of ambiguity in a high growth environment? Do you want to play a pivotal role in Amazon’s physical store strategy? This Principal Strategy PM role may be for you!
This role will drive the roadmap of solutions to improve real estate decisions for our stores, as well as the long-term vision. Real estate decisions have a huge impact on the success of a store, and this Principal role will collaborate across functions including real estate managers, program/product managers, engineers and scientists to create cutting edge decision-making solutions. This high visibility role will own the mechanisms that drive better decisions with step-change improvements in velocity and efficiency. The candidate must be able to influence senior leaders through top- notch written and verbal communication skills and peerless business judgment. They will be able to flex both data-driven and judgment-driven decision making, weighing clearly the tradeoffs of what we simply don’t know, and formulating strategies that are robust to a wide range of outcomes. This role will be required not only to set strategy, but also manage the cross-functional execution of key deliverables to improve our capabilities, and therefore the candidate must be able to break down big, complex deliverables into clear, manageable milestones, asking probing questions from stakeholders and peers to help get to the right solution quickly.
Key responsibilities for this role will own include:
- Creating and managing a roadmap of decision-making mechanisms aligned with partners from each format business
- Executing a portfolio of projects with cross-functional project teams
- Cross-format planning mechanisms across Amazon’s store portfolio
- Consistent, high quality communication plan to maintain alignment with stakeholders
- Process and tool improvements to drive more efficient decisions
- MBA or equivalent degree
- Experience in physical retail and/or real estate industries and related analytical tools
- Demonstrated ability to influence across functions and drive clear prioritization across a diverse set of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively and simultaneously in both strategic and tactical modes
- Familiarity with machine learning and other cutting edge scientific methods, and/or desire to learn more about them
- Familiarity with analytics tools (e.g. Tableau, Quicksight, Alteryx)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills that convey complex ideas in a simplified manner to a variety of audiences
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.