- BS in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least ten years of work experience, including roles as a product manager and as a software or database engineer
- Experience leading at least two products or major features through conception, specification, positioning, pricing, launch, and subsequent improvement, where scope involved working with multiple engineering teams and partner teams
- Experience managing a portfolio of concurrent projects and programs
- Experience influencing executive leadership through verbal and written communication
- Experience negotiating, influencing, planning, and executing across teams
- Technical depth in databases, storage, file systems, operating systems, or distributed systems, including architectural and operational aspects
Amazon DocumentDB is a fully-managed, MongoDB-compatible document database service that is built for critical applications requiring high durability, security, availability, and scalability. We are growing the team and are looking for a principal product manager who thinks big, is customer obsessed, and is skilled at driving strategy and execution across teams.
As a principal product manager, you will lead Amazon DocumentDB’s product strategy and influence our go-to-market strategy. You will engage with customers from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies, helping them succeed with the product and learning from their feedback. You will engage, influence, and align peers and senior leaders on product vision, product roadmap, and go-to-market activities. You will work with colleagues across product management, software engineering, UX design, technical writing, solutions architecture, sales, marketing, and support to execute on product development and go-to-market initiatives. You will mentor and grow more junior staff.
The ideal candidate will additionally demonstrate the following:
- Experience making product decisions using judgment and data, including collaborating with customers and internal partners to solicit diverse perspectives
- Experience successfully improving processes for product management and for collaboration with partner teams
- Experience defining and executing a go-to-market strategy
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.