At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Product Owner (PO) is responsible for the execution of the product roadmap and the prioritization of backlog items to both support and enhance the product
The PO may be responsible for one or several concurrent high business value products, projects or assignments which can cross multiple functional business areas and ADT’s.
The PO will serve as a part of an Agile Delivery Team (ADT) to be jointly accountable for the successful capture of business value and execution of key strategic initiatives, enhancements and ongoing support
- At a Commercial organization level, understanding business need and priority. This may require integration with activities outside of the direct scope of the ADT.
- At a strategic level, use experience and judgement skills to prioritize and design an approach which is suitable to achieve business goals and eliminate constraints.
- At a team level, communicate product roadmap & backlog priority and provide feedback for optimal team dynamics and performance
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Understanding of product application(s) Architecture and Strategy. Joint application ownership (with IT Application owner) including situational awareness and accountability of: Operational health, technology standards, security controls, disaster recovery and DevOps.
Partner with business sponsors, leaders, other POs and deliver/develop product roadmaps and is the sole person responsible for managing the Product Backlog. Prioritizes work according to business strategy, business impact and concrete results.
Provide context to the ADT to help build solutions to meet current and future business needs. Regularly review and report out on progress relative to business plans and business value in the context of the broader vision. Understand competing business and stakeholder expectations and prioritize accordingly.
Help remove impediments for the ADT by supporting information gathering from relevant business stakeholders and bring issues that disrupt the team to the Scrum Master.
Review, approve and provide feedback on ADT work progress, stories, sprint planning and product deliverable(s).
- Responsibilities span the Commercial organization with a high-frequency of interaction across Exelon departments
- Position allows for a great deal of independence (planning, decision making, business prioritization), high visibility and exposure to leaders and Sr management across Constellation and Exelon
- Responsible for the pursuit of maximizing value and return on investment for the Agile Delivery Teams as the primary representative of the business area(s)
- Responsible for defining business value and tracking to business goals
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 8 or more years of equivalent business experience
- Professional experience within Agile domain
- Strong business operation knowledge and understanding of business KPIs
- Demonstrated understanding of infrastructure and business processes
- Demonstrated ability to make well-informed decisions based on clear understanding of delivery objectives
- Experience dealing with ambiguity and demonstrated aptitude of prioritizing business needs and value and the ability to communicate with the delivery team
- Experience on a technical enhancement team, including as a business stakeholder, in high-tech development environments with multiple priorities and initiatives
- Experience in meeting facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, empowerment, and transparency
- Experienced with Agile Work Management Tool such as Azure DevOps, Test Automation etc.
- Working knowledge and application of Agile practices and principles, principally Scrum, and experience advocating these practices and principles across cross-functional organizations.
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor