Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Principal Project Management to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Saint Augustine, FL.
**This is an individual contributor, non-manager role with no direct reports.**
The selected candidate oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management. Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
- Plans, organizes, and directs projects utilizing a systems approach; Works with project and leadership teams to ensure effective management of schedule, budget, and risk.
- Assesses project risks/issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction of goals and objectives.
- Supports leadership with constraint management and resolution, including but not limited to: Action Item management, Part shortage mitigation, and Work Around Plans (WAP)
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor’s degree and six years of project management and or production environment experience (four years of experience with a master’s degree).
- Must have a minimum of at least 6 years’ experience of using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must have a minimum at least 3 years’ experience with MS Project
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Security Clearance as required by the program
- Advanced Degree (B.S. and/or M.S) in STEM preferred
- Demonstrated mastery of MS Excel Advanced capabilities (Pivot tables, Complex Formulas, VB Coading, etc)
- Past success with indirectly leading teams of in small-to-medium sized projects
- PMP Certification
- Proficiency in other business systems (Business Objects, SAP, IEDB, etc) a plus
- Must be a Self-Starter and comfortable in dynamic, fast changing environments
- Must communicate effectively and be comfortable speaking to all levels of experienced professionals (individual contributors, technicians, managers, directors, VPs, etc)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.