As a Radar Systems Engineer at Northrop Grumman, you will have a challenging and rewarding opportunity to be a part of our Enterprise-wide digital transformation. Through the use of Model-based Engineering, DevSecOps and Agile practices we continue to evolve how we deliver critical national defense products and capabilities for the warfighter. Our success is grounded in our ability to embrace change, move quickly and continuously drive innovation.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills and innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain products across the sector that provide a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
How You Will Make a Difference at Northrop Grumman:
As the lead developer of radars, COMMS, and SIGINT for some of the most advanced systems in the U.S. arsenal, Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a world leader in advanced sensor systems and design. These include radars for air dominance platforms (such as the F-22, Joint Strike Fighter, F-16), bomber and strike programs (such as B-1B), airborne / maritime / ground-based surveillance missions (AWACS, MESA, G/ATOR and UAV systems such as Global Hawk), as well as restricted programs and missions.
Qualified candidates will have opportunities to incorporate advanced techniques such as adaptive signal processing, image processing and understanding, multiple hypothesis tracking, distributed resource management, graph based methods, data fusion, autonomous/adaptive sensor tasking, and statistical analysis of system performance.
Roles & Responsibilities:
RF/Radar Systems Engineers work with a team to perform advanced system and algorithm development using established systems engineering approaches. Based on detailed trade studies and requirements analysis, our engineers develop modern solutions to satisfy current system requirements as well as future challenges and perform functions involved in all aspects of design; which can include:
- Investigating and developing new algorithms to advance key sensor capabilities leveraging signal processing techniques and novel waveform development
- Developing detailed simulations of algorithms and systems for design verification or to enable operational software development
- Designing sensor modes which satisfy requirements and maximize sensor performance
- Collecting and analyzing data from laboratory or flight tests
- Formally verifying the design solution meets the requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics or Mathematics with 5 years of related experience (see position summary) or (3 years related experience with a Master’s Degree, 0 with a PhD).
- Relevant experience or coursework in one of the following areas: Signal Processing, Linear Systems, Statistics, Electromagnetics
- Experience with MATLAB, python or equivalent
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance (or higher) prior to starting
- DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Master’s Degree including electives in radar signal processing
- Professional hands on experience in radar/COMMS/SIGINT signal processing, and systems engineering
- Domain experience in one of the following modes/radar applications: Air-to-Air Search, Combat Identification (CID), Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), Ground Moving Target Indication (GMTI), Electronic Protection/ECCM, Identification Friend/Foe (IFF), Tracking, Sensor Resource Management
- Experience with working in a diverse team environment and translating customer/stakeholder needs to actionable system design features
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.