Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, Computational Chemistry located in Spring House, PA (Philadelphia area).
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Discovery Sciences organization within Janssen R&D is continuing to build key scientific expertise in screening, pharmacology and chemistry to partner closely with therapeutic area scientists to develop groundbreaking new medicines in the areas of Oncology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Cardiovascular, and Infectious Diseases. We are seeking excellent drug discovery scientists to join the team to bring their expertise to exciting efforts in novel areas of drug discovery.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and execute clear computational strategies to design complex molecules and predict their properties using state-of-the-art methodologies.
- Analyze screening data, perform literature reviews, design, propose, and execute computational chemistry plans.
- Participate in shaping and implementing strategies that support efficient drug discovery Janssen
- Serve as a scientific expert in computational chemistry with both internal and external partners and provide recommendations regarding new targets and emerging external opportunities.
- Ensure optimal interaction/communication and provide updates on project status to discovery leadership
- Execute sophisticated experiments using advanced computational techniques on Linux-based computer workstations to drive decision-making in discovery project teams
- A PhD in computational chemistry or a related field is required, with at least 7 years of experience applying computational chemistry (CADD) in a drug discovery setting with a track record of key contributions to compound progression is required
- Strong problem-solving skills for developing creative, innovative solutions, and meeting project objectives are required
- Demonstrated influence, and conflict resolution skills, including the ability to succeed within a matrix environment are required
- Experience working in a cross functional/matrixed environment is required
- Experience in leading projects, aligning actions with overall strategy, and supporting business cases for decision-making is preferred
- Strong record of scientific contributions including peer reviewed first-author publications, patent applications, and presentations at major national meetings is required (Please include your full publication list with your CV/resume.)
- Familiarity with standard computational chemistry packages (examples may include, Maestro/Schrodinger, MOE/Chemical Computing Group, and/or OpenEye tools) is required.
- Experience with machine learning is preferred.
- Scripting of computational workflows in Pipeline Pilot, Python or Jupyter notebooks is preferred.
- This position is located in Spring House, PA, and may require up to 10% travel both domestically and internationally.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)