Northrop Grumman Defense Systems Sector has a need for a Principal Software Engineer at its Subsystem and Software Sustainment (S&SS) organization in Warner Robins, GA.
This engineering position is for a role on the Software Engineering Team that supports modeling and simulation, electronic warfare, avionics, and radar sustainment programs.
Your responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with Northrop Grumman and Government personnel in the planning, design, development, utilization, and testing of software to enhance the existing test capabilities for the AN/ALR-56C radar warning receiver, AN/ALR-56M radar warning receiver, and AN/ALE-45 countermeasures dispensing system.
Develop, document, test, and debug software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems.
Apply appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
- Diagnose problems encountered during application integration among products and address fixes/enhancements according to prescribed program processes.
- Design and develop complex software using a variety of programming and scripting languages.
- Develop software on diverse platforms including Unix, Linux and Windows based operating systems.
- Utilize configuration management tools, database applications and related software development tools.
- Solve complex technical issues with limited supervision.
- BS Degree in a STEM discipline with 5 years of relevant experience; OR MS Degree in a STEM discipline with 3 years of experience
- Demonstrated expertise in software development lifecycle and roles within each phase
- Demonstrated success working individually or as part of a team requiring little supervision
Candidate must have US Citizenship and must have active interim DoD Secret Security clearance or higher.
- Must be able to obtain and maintainDoD Secret security clearance.
- Understanding of Radar or EW principles
- Familiarity with basic lab test equipment (Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Currently hold a DoD security clearance
- Experience with C++ and the Qt development environment
- Experience with Ada
- Experience with assembly languages (Motorola 6800, Intel 8051, MIPS III)
- Linux experience
- Embedded software experience
- Prior experience with User Interface development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.