Since the dawn of the space age, Northrop Grumman has put innovative products and ideas into orbit, on the Moon, and beyond – from systems engineering, spacecraft manufacturing, precision sensors, space instrument design, ground stations development, and revolutionary launch vehicles. Help shape the future of Space exploration as an integral part of Northrop Grumman.
We are seeking a Principal Software Simulation Engineer
Successful candidates for this position will work as a Principal Simulation Software engineering team member for one or more space programs in Dulles VA, in the NSS business area within the Space Systems Sector.
Candidates will plan, organize and be involved in the full software lifecycle to develop spacecraft simulation software using state-of-the-art tools and software best practices. Responsibilities include developing models to support modeling and simulation activities across numerous National Security Programs.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in C/C++ programming, be knowledgeable on the development and use of C++ simulation models of sensors, actuators and space environments to demonstrate closed-loop spacecraft system performance and general integration and test of aerospace systems. An understanding of waterfall, spiral and Agile software development processes and continuous integration using Jenkins, Jira, Bitbucket and related DecSecOps tools is valuable.
Excellent writing, reading and speaking skills are expected as the candidate will work in a team environment and be involved in the entire software development, test, operations and documentation lifecycle.
- B.S. Degree in Aerospace, Electrical, Software or Computer Engineering or Physics is required with a minimum of 5 years of experience (an M.S. Degree and 3 years of experience or a PhD and 0 years of experience will suffice.)
- Experience in physics-based software modeling
- Diverse programming proficiency: C, C++, Python, Matlab/Simulink
- Must have U.S. Citizenship with current or active Top Secret level clearance
- 3D graphics development experience using OpenSceneGraph, OpenGL or similar
- System knowledge in one or more of the following domains: Spacecraft Command & Control, Mission Planning, Space Situational Awareness and Visualization
- Experience with Agile development methodology, specifically Scrum, using Jira
- Active TS with SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.