Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector is looking for you to join our team as a Software Engineer/ Principal Software Engineer based out of Aurora, CO.
What You’ll get to Do:
We need a Java software developer who wants to work on an agile development team using a modern development stack. You will be working on mostly new development for a micro-service event driven architecture using Docker Containers, Kubernetes, and AWS services. You will also be required to perform maintenance and sustainment engineering for existing baselines.
Our small agile Scrum team is highly energized and has a significant software effort on a growing program with a large program impact. If this is your type of environment and you love fast-paced software development, please consider joining our team.
This is a great opportunity for a flexible self-starter to work in a dynamic environment with real world technical content supporting a number of tools and systems.
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on the qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a Principal Software Engineer/ Sr Principal Software Engineer
- For a Principal Engineer Software: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other STEM related degree with 5 + years of software development experience; 3 years with a Master’s; 0 years with a PhD; or 9 years of software development experience in lieu of a degree.
- For a Sr Principal Engineer Software: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other STEM related degree with 9 + years of software development experience; 7 years with a Master’s; 0 years with a PhD; or 14 years of software development experience in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with Agile software development using Java and/or C++ software development in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment
- Knowledge of object oriented design
- Knowledge of software lifecycles
- Experience with version control software
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance or higher (required to start)
- Experience with Bash scripting
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Design
- Experience with supporting operational systems
- Experience with supporting distributed systems
- Experience in developing and supporting multi-threaded applications
- Experience with working in Virtualized Environments (VMs, AWS Cloud Instances)
- Experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Experience with AWS Development/Deployment
- Experience with Dockerization and Continer Management (Dockers and Kubernetes)
- Active TS/SCI /w Poly security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.