The company and team
- Working collaboratively with a talented cross-discipline team to define new user experiences.
- Rapid prototyping of new user experiences built on top of new and emerging technology.
- Using a startup mentality to discover and utilize technologies to rapidly bring the project to life.
- Aid in attracting and growing an emerging and talented engineering team.
- A computer science background (B.S. or equivalent degree)
- Experience in full stack development, rapid prototyping tools, and UI/UX web frameworks.
- 8+ years of professional development experience.
- Strong problem-solving and algorithm development skills.
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and comfortable dealing with the ambiguity of V1 and incubation work.
Other jobs you may like
- Architect, build and operate a new cloud service for autonomous systems.
- Work with diverse teams in Azure such as Compute, Service Fabric, Kubernetes, ML, etc. to make the right technology bets and tradeoffs.
- Work closely with other sister teams and research to ensure we build a cohesive product that delights our customers and makes a difference in the market.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or another related technical field
- 6+ years of professional experience designing, implementing, and shipping a cloud service
- 10+ years of professional experience coding in C#/C++, Python or Java
- 3+ years of professional experience with containers, Kubernetes and/or similar technology
Other jobs you may like
We are looking for highly motivated and self-driven individuals who are passionate in the areas of Database Storage, Indexing, High Availability, Distributed Runtime and OSS APIs. We are providing the world a scalable fault tolerant world-wide replicated database and massive scale-up compute. These systems are used solve the toughest financial, IoT, warehousing, AI and state-management problems along with many other solution areas such as gaming. These solutions capture the needs of the hobbyist developer to the Fortune 500 companies. This job requires a broad set of developer and program management skills.
We are looking for experienced software engineers with:
- Strong customer passion, accountability and drive who can take initiative and accomplish big goals.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a can-do attitude: Self-starter, project finisher and adaptable
- Great communicator, able to analyze and clearly articulate complex issues and technologies understandably and engagingly.
- Strong design and problem-solving skills, with a bias for designing at scale.
- Hands-on experience at shipping a large scale, commercial, online-software solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT related technical discipline or in place of 5+ years of internship or 10+ years of industry software engineering experience
- 10+ years of programming experience in Java OR C++ OR C# OR C OR object-oriented programming
- Strong design, implementation and testing skills
- Managed and native code development experience
- Experience working with network protocols
Other jobs you may like
- Architect, design and implement high quality, mission critical distributed cloud services using the latest tech in industry.
- Collaborate with engineers, scientists, program managers, designers, and leaders across teams to plan and deliver new features and improvements.
- Provide technical leadership and influence technical directions.
- Proactively seek for opportunities to improve quality, productivity, and predictability of projects.
- Participate in code reviews, design reviews and live site investigations, provide and receive constructive feedback to improve overall quality of components.
- Mentor and develop others by sharing and learning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field.
- Experience with Java, C++, C# or similar.
- 7+ years of experience designing and building large scale distributed systems which deal with huge amount of data, provide high quality data and predict possible events then prevent customer impact.
- Strong hands-on ability to write secure, reliable & maintainable code and to test & debug it
- Experience in building large-scale services on cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to write concise technical docs and present ideas
- Knowledge of modern engineering practices like automated deployments with integrated quality gates and experience working with modern version control systems like Git
- Experience with multithreading and asynchronous processing
- Deep knowledge and experience with object oriented design
- Experience with databases (SQL or noSQL) a plus
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark and like Python or Scala is a plus
- Experience with multi-platform support is a plus (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux)
- Experience with data analysis and machine learning is a plus